sharpening with veritas MKII power sharpener
Perhaps this is the wrong forum for sharpening questions using a powered device, if so I thank anyone who redirects me.
I have used the Veritas MKII unit for awhile on chisels and plane irons. Not a perfect solution but delivers repeatable results if you are careful and match abrasive discs to platter thickness carefully. The only improvement I'd like to make is slowing it down for fine honing especially on narrow tools and softer metals. Has anyone mated this device with a variable speed control? If so, I'd like the details of what gadget to buy that allows me to slow down the rotation for fine honing.
Thanks in advance for advice and suggestions.
I had one in the past and looked into slowing it down but did not come up with a solution. When a LapSharp came up for sale on a forum I switched to it as it is slower and can be used wet.