What size Key Hole saw
(08-21-2017, 08:39 PM)Halfathumb Wrote: I'll be making 4 ceiling medallions, which will be holding the connection box. So I'll be cutting the holes on the bench or drill press

I have 2 different size fly cutters for the drill press. I can cut any size hole up to about 8" dia. Here's a link, https://www.amazon.com/General-Tools-55-...B00004T7P1 . If all you need is 4, I'd be happy to make them and send them to you.

Obviously some people don't read the OP's posts very carefully.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(08-22-2017, 06:04 PM)museumguy Wrote: I have 2 different size fly cutters for the drill press. I can cut any size hole up to about 8" dia. Here's a link, https://www.amazon.com/General-Tools-55-...B00004T7P1 . If all you need is 4, I'd be happy to make them and send them to you.

Obviously some people don't read the OP's posts very carefully.
Thanks museumguy,

I have one of those but after cutting and painting MDF I discovered I hate it. So now I'm making 10" Sq. out walnut & use that to at least mark the circle & finish it with my saber saw. I think that'll contrast and look a lot better. To clear things up, what I currently have are 8 panels of 1/2 HM Ply with Amber Shellac to match cabinets and the Irish Hutch I made 10+ years ago for LOML. The ply is attached to 3/4 strips. I'll be covering up the joints with molding. So the existing holes in the sheet rock line up with holes in the ply and of course the medallions will line up too.
Jim
BTW,  It is a 4" cutter and since I'm cutting into walnut, I just have to pinpoint where the flanges go. Then use an rtf to make room for them.
Jim
For a jigsaw, I like the Spyder blades.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.