Lee Valley Free Shipping Starts Today
Aug 29 through Sept 11
These free shipping events seem to be coming with more frequency.  Rob's a smart guy - he must have figured out free shipping is the just the honey needed to catch more flies.
(08-29-2017, 02:49 PM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: These free shipping events seem to be coming with more frequency.  Rob's a smart guy - he must have figured out free shipping is the just the honey needed to catch more flies.

Free shipping is always an incentive and I too noticed they have increased the number of free shipping events. Five years ago or so they had may be three to four a year but it is probably 6 or 7 now.

More and more retailers offer free shipping events, some even on a regular basis as long as you spend over certain amount. Some offer huge discounts on a regular basis and if you can wait, you can get whatever you want at 30% to 70% less by timing their discount cycles or releases.

I might be wrong here. Lie Nielsen offers free shipping at their shows but does not seem to offer free shipping events for online orders. Anyone know?

Simon
Looks like the new combo plane is not available for order yet. Would have been nice to be able to order it with free shipping.
(08-30-2017, 08:36 PM)wrb Wrote: Looks like the new combo plane is not available for order yet. Would have been nice to be able to order it with free shipping.

It goes on sale 2 September.  You're in luck.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I just browsed through the catalog. At over 500 pages, LV has something for everyone. I can even buy a rocker switch for my recent model, accelerator on the steering wheel, vehicle. [I've seen one similar somewhere, and even drove farm tractors with gas-on-steering column. Does a Harley throttle count?] 
Big Grin

Anyway, Woodcraft, Rockler, and Sears and Roebuck, maybe, a few others, watch your back sides.  

Definitely, some siren songs that are too late. The Wife's vacation took everything. Wasn't even enough for the guys in Abu Dabi(?).  I hate vacations.
i'm going to have to keep a google doc of the stuff I want from Lee Valley, but not enough to buy unless the shipping is free.  There was something I was going to buy on the next free shipping, but I don't recall now
(08-30-2017, 10:58 PM)EricU Wrote: i'm going to have to keep a google doc of the stuff I want from Lee Valley, but not enough to buy unless the shipping is free.  There was something I was going to buy on the next free shipping, but I don't recall now

Eric,

LV has a "wish list" that can serve the same purpose.  Also if you make it viewable, people can search by your email and view your list, which can be very useful around birthdays or Christmas time.
~ Chris
(08-31-2017, 07:00 AM)cwarner Wrote: Eric,

LV has a "wish list" that can serve the same purpose.  Also if you make it viewable, people can search by your email and view your list, which can be very useful around birthdays or Christmas time.

I have tried that, in fact, most recently yesterday. 

I was hampered first, by lack of a bookmark system--mostly no explanation of the online symbols at top center, if any pointed to a bookmark. Apparently, I must need to dig into each interesting tidbit and create a wish list short of buying. That can be daunting. I recall a previous adventure into wishlists that kept adding those items to the purchase list, and future purchases. Somehow, the pesky thing went away. 

The online process works pretty well now. I don't use the carnival ride (zoom) feature, so don't need Dramamine. I trust every whim .. er, wish to memory where it remains for about 10 or so pages.
(08-31-2017, 11:28 AM)hbmcc Wrote: I have tried that, in fact, most recently yesterday. 

I was hampered first, by lack of a bookmark system--mostly no explanation of the online symbols at top center, if any pointed to a bookmark. Apparently, I must need to dig into each interesting tidbit and create a wish list short of buying. That can be daunting. I recall a previous adventure into wishlists that kept adding those items to the purchase list, and future purchases. Somehow, the pesky thing went away. 

The online process works pretty well now. I don't use the carnival ride (zoom) feature, so don't need Dramamine. I trust every whim .. er, wish to memory where it remains for about 10 or so pages.

Everyone's mileage varies.  I find the LV wish list easy to use and helpful.  I just succumbed to the siren call of free shipping, placing a small order; but I had the whole wish list there to decide whether to go to a larger order.

I'm going to need to win the lottery, or answer the doorbell and find Michael Anthony standing there, before I'll be able to empty the wish list.