gallery commissions
(09-03-2017, 02:04 AM)EightFingers Wrote: For Hawaii:
Big Island 50 - 60%
Maui 60 - 70%
Oahu 65 -  70%
Kauai 50 - 70%
These are gallery commissions.
We are now selling pieces directly to galleries so a lot of our stuff is non-consignment which we really like.
What's funny is even at these high rates, we get a LOT more for our pieces than we ever got in Kansas City.
The market here is so much different with entire U.S. and international clients. Our work is all over the world now.

Can I mail some of my stuff to you and they can sell them?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
This article describes the "whys" of the fees.  

http://reddotblog.com/ask-a-gallery-owne...mmissions/

Ask A Gallery Owner: Why do Galleries Get Such High Commissions?
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Arlin, lots of people suggest that, but the galleries require the pieces to be made in Hawaii from local woods. It also takes a bit of work to get in and stay in, but once you're in, you can make money.
VH07V  
Jake was here this past weekend and I got him on the computer to read your replies. He was more than interested in your answers. He is happy that 2 of his pieces were sold and  he went in and replaced them. He came on over here I think to get into my stash. Don't mind he is good people and disabled to get around much.