Heat Gun
(09-08-2017, 08:42 AM)Cooler Wrote:  But make sure that it is UL approved.

UL does not Approve, they List or Certify.

'UL Approved' is often used by companies who don't submit to UL for review.

Buyer Beware.
Got the one at HF a few years ago, works great, CHEAP too.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(09-08-2017, 01:48 PM)Chuck Nickerson Wrote: UL does not Approve, they List or Certify.

'UL Approved' is often used by companies who don't submit to UL for review.

Buyer Beware.

I didn't know that.  

http://verify.ul.com/learn?_ga=2.2341936...1505133190

They have 

UL Listed
UL Verified
UL Enhanced
UL Certified

But no  "UL Approved".
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I bought a Bosch about 20 years ago, was pricey but it has served me very well through the years, just like an old Timex watch: takes a licking but keeps on ticking!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(09-08-2017, 06:39 AM)digger Wrote: Anyone use the heat gun  from Lee Valley. Good gun, or should I look elsewhere ?

Can't seem to see a brand name either.  Thanks

http://www.leevalley.com/us/Wood/page.as...at=1,43456

Yes. I got it a few years back, introductory price and it came with the box of shrink tubing, then I bought an extra box.

Nice well made gun.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(09-18-2017, 11:45 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Yes. I got it a few years back, introductory price and it came with the box of shrink tubing, then I bought an extra box.

Nice well made gun.

I pulled the trigger. Gun came in yesterday. It's light, I like the controls, only the metal part at the end gets hot. No other parts of the gun got hot. 

I'm happy I got it.

Cool ..
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020