Grizzly website rant
(09-08-2017, 05:53 PM)Steve N Wrote: I have on AdBlock, and Ad Block Plus and it's still jumping up. What are you using?

Frank and daddo both, I usually surf with Chrome when I am woodworking oriented. It seems to search woodworking stuff better on Googley. I use other searches if I want different stuff. With Chrome it has a fairly large blockage at the top for the different bars I have for controlling functions, and bookmarks. I can shrink it, but even then the drop down is half the page. Seems like it minimizes when I have the function bars down, and grows if I shrink them. What search engine are you using?

I'm using adBlock plus.  I have firefox on a windows vista OS.  Firefox has to be an older version since the new ones screw my computer up and I couldn't use my favorite add ons.  
 I also have 2 or 3 cookie controls, in fact, I have no cookie history as they are destroyed if they get through without permission.

When I set adblock off on that page, the chat box turned up.  Maybe it works different with Chrome (I don't do direct google if at all possible).  Duck duck go works well for me for the most part.
(09-08-2017, 05:56 PM)Steve N Wrote: Allan I go to Griz pretty often, and this chat box crap is new to me today. I have disable pop ups in Chrome going, and as mentioned the 2 additional ad blockers, and still get this irritation. I wouldn't even mind if they had all that crap, just give "me" the possible consumer the ability to kill it, and once I kill it, never bring it back up, at least not on that trip.

Don't know what to tell you, Steve.  The chat box never showed up for me on either Chrome or Firefox.  I don't use Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I see that junk in ie ad chrome. When viewed in opera there is no chat pop-up and the only thing at the top is a small strip with the item, price and asked to cart as you scroll down. 

I don't use Chrome as its a memory hog even after the December update that was supposed to alleviate that and it just isn't as user friendly as Opera. 

Another browser I like is a Dolphin. Very good on tablets for blocking garbage. 

Another issue you may have is if your fonts etc are set too big it will look all wonky so if you have to make everything big on your screen it's better to get glasses instead.
(09-08-2017, 05:53 PM)Steve N Wrote: I have on AdBlock, and Ad Block Plus and it's still jumping up. What are you using?

Frank and daddo both, I usually surf with Chrome when I am woodworking oriented. It seems to search woodworking stuff better on Googley. I use other searches if I want different stuff. With Chrome it has a fairly large blockage at the top for the different bars I have for controlling functions, and bookmarks. I can shrink it, but even then the drop down is half the page. Seems like it minimizes when I have the function bars down, and grows if I shrink them. What search engine are you using?

I'm using Chrome with the their ADblock. I see the chat box at the bottom of the page but I only see a tab labelled chat. Well, I just went to the website again and I don't see the chat box anymore but the banner is still there.
To me I just get used to things.  To many other things to be cranky about.
Yes
Laugh
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Maybe squeaky wheel has been greased a bit. Pop up is gone with no change whatsoever of any computer settings. person (again I didn't type this word. Ohhhh thank you Woodnet from once again protecting me from reality of using I D G I T) drop down, which as pointed out is ALL info that is already given on the web page, if only you could view it. Still there being useless as it ever has been, unless the actual purpose is to slow down sales of products. The actual height I have to view on my 24" monitor is 8 3/4" high, this is below the 3 lines of "functions" on Chrome, and the bottom bar with a bunch of stuff I never use, but without it I can't turn off the stinking computer. Stupid drop down box brings it to 6 1/4" I feel that is the exact amount that will keep me from spending $$$$$ at this site designed by !)!0+$. I have had a loss of all of my monitor on every operating system, and web browser I have ever used, never have I had full screen. This idgit bar at Grizzly is the first time I have ever noticed, you've taken too much of my viewable space, and it is taken with something that does me no good at all.

Perhaps they should look at actual retailers, Amazon, Walmart, well I can't think of anyplace that tries to hamper your shopping experience like these %$%&*
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Are ya settled down now?
Winkgrin 

I understand the garbage on websites. Ticks me off
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(09-18-2017, 11:54 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Are ya settled down now?
Winkgrin 

I understand the garbage on websites. Ticks me off

Must be. I forgot about this post
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW