Craftsman RAS on CL
(09-10-2017, 08:05 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: how good is this RAS?

model #113.29410

Anybody know how wide it will crosscut?

Not sure I need one but if I could get a vintage Craftsman for $150 I might find a place for it.

If I was in the market, I'd offer a 100.00
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Some of them were/are good saws, most are not. They way they are made there is some sort of wishbone/yoke/f0rk or such that holds the arm in place. Clamp it down with the handwheel too hard and the yoke bends open....that gives the arm too much play (side to side) to stay precise. Most of us that had them (I had 2) clamped them down quite hard to keep them locked, and in the end that made matters worse. It was a more complicated design than it needed to be compared to the cast iron arm Dewalts. Having one that you have to keep at 90˚ just seems to defeat the purpose of having one to me. With the Dewalts you can move the arm around whenever you want and still return to a dead nuts 90.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
This model saw most likely is part of the recall and is worth $100. http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/determinemodels.aspx
So if you offer a $100 and it doesn't work, do the recall. Dan
(09-11-2017, 11:06 PM)ez-duzit Wrote: Was that because you continually changed the angle from 90*?

Nope. With a little research you'll find it was quite prevalent with Craftsman RAS's (see fredhargis reply above - on the money!)

DT
(09-13-2017, 11:19 PM)Tapper Wrote: ...With a little research you'll find it was quite prevalent with Craftsman RAS's...

I don't need to research it as mine has never needed adjustment. But I also never change the angle.
Wood is good. 
(09-14-2017, 12:42 AM)ez-duzit Wrote: I don't need to research it as mine has never needed adjustment. But I also never change the angle.

Congratulations - my guess is that you have that "one-in-a-million" Craftsman RAS. (but, of course a little research would've have told you so)

Doug
(09-14-2017, 10:47 AM)Tapper Wrote: Congratulations - my guess is that you have that "one-in-a-million" Craftsman RAS. (but, of course a little research would've have told you so)

Doug

There are literally dozens of these available at $100 or so on our CL page at any given time.
I've had a similar one for over 20 years; Mod.113.197751. It works fine once I connected it to a 240volt circuit. It's supposed to be dual voltage but after replacing two capacitors. I realized using it on a 110 circuit was a problem. It cross cuts to about 12-1/2". I use it primarily for cross cuts and dado work. I like to see what I am doing, so the table saw is primarily a ripping tool for me.

Years ago I had a Magna and really liked it. It had a sliding table and would cross cut to 24". Unfortunately it disappeared in a divorce and I was never able to find another.

R.
(09-10-2017, 09:01 PM)jasfrank Wrote: Actually its worth $100. Everyday all day long. Some frown on it, but there's a market that pays that.

Yes there is and that is where it belongs
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Guy decided he'd take $75 for it so it now resided in my storage building until new shop is finished.

I will look into the recall though
Wink
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)