Here is some of Arlins work space with attached Garage
(09-15-2017, 07:24 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Steve

I do not have a grill anymore and I really did love to use it all the time but not anymore.  It is just to much work for me now.

Dave

That is one of the reasons for the garage is the squirrel problems all the time.  They have eaten $5000+ of wiring in my BILs truck and our car and he can not shoot them fast enough.  I guess it will have to do until I/we save more money to add on another 8 feet.  All I can say is we will now have enough room for a wheelchair again.

Who knows maybe in the future when we get $695 for the non profit the city will give us a building to use for free and then the shop will be just for me.

To everyone else
Thank you!!!
 I used to have a bunny problem until I bought one of the high powered air rifles and my bunny problem is gone
Big Grin  I did have a big problem with flying squirrels in my attic. To say those things make a mess and are destructive is an understatement. They are nocturnal so are a little harder to set in your yard and pick off. I tried everything I could think of to get rid of them. I started with have a heart traps and deterrent powders which were worthless. Next I moved to the big rat traps. These worked but I was catching two or three at a time in each trap every night and there would just be more the next night. I sealed up everything I could find with steel screen and the little monsters would just chew a new hole into the attic. Finally I bought this stuff called Just One Bite. That stuff is no joke. You have to wear gloves when you handle it. I put it in the attic every night for a week and the next day I would go to the attic and yard to collect the bodies. The stuff is so nasty that they say other animals may be hurt if they eat an animal that has been poisoned with it. That was why I would always clear the yard in the morning before I let the dog out. I ended up with about 40 of the little monsters in the end all of which I think decided to live in our attic. At one point we had one chew its way into the house. After the dog cornered it I caught it and disposed of it but those little suckers can really bite. I was wearing leather gloves and they still left a mark. At any rate after about a week of collecting bodies our problem was gone and they haven't come back yet. Hopefully they spread the word that I don't play around.
(09-18-2017, 12:24 PM)stav Wrote: That's a good looking shop space. 

I think I would pass on the wall and keep the machines on wheels. That way if you need more shop space when you have a large group, you can move the car out and if you need to get more cars in, you can move the machines over.

Just my thoughts. The more flexible you keep the set up, the more user friendly it will be in the long run.

Stav

We do not have enough funds to insulate the whole thing and we have enough lumber from the shop build to do the wall.  I did think if it also but the truck would be in and out of the shop everyday all the time and heating and cooling it would cost a lot of money all the time.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(09-15-2017, 07:24 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Steve

I do not have a grill anymore and I really did love to use it all the time but not anymore.  It is just to much work for me now.

Dave

That is one of the reasons for the garage is the squirrel problems all the time.  They have eaten $5000+ of wiring in my BILs truck and our car and he can not shoot them fast enough.  I guess it will have to do until I/we save more money to add on another 8 feet.  All I can say is we will now have enough room for a wheelchair again.

Who knows maybe in the future when we get $695 for the non profit the city will give us a building to use for free and then the shop will be just for me.

To everyone else
Thank you!!!

I know it is off topic but squirrels, little jerks.  They have cost me a bundle on car wiring repairs but we did find a solution and since you mentioned the problem I thought that I would share how we solved it.  

Fox urine, get scent pads at Cabeles and fox urine.  Hang the pads under the hood or where ever they are attacking.  Since I did that we have not had chewed wires. I think that the garage is a better idea but the squrriels have chewed the wires in a car that was only at the house for 30 mins, they are quick.

Scott
Congrats on the new digs, Arlin!
Yes

Lookin' forward to seeing everything moved in!
Winkgrin 

Cool
Cool

Big Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Where's mine?
 I hope you bought enough material for everyone!
(09-19-2017, 12:40 PM)ScotchPine Wrote: I know it is off topic but squirrels, little jerks.  They have cost me a bundle on car wiring repairs but we did find a solution and since you mentioned the problem I thought that I would share how we solved it.  

Fox urine, get scent pads at Cabeles and fox urine.  Hang the pads under the hood or where ever they are attacking.  Since I did that we have not had chewed wires.  I think that the garage is a better idea but the squrriels have chewed the wires in a car that was only at the house for 30 mins, they are quick.

Scott

We did all of that including spraying liquid hot pepper on everything to.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(09-20-2017, 01:49 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: We did all of that including spraying liquid hot pepper on everything to.

I tried all of those too Arlin. I finally gave up on keeping them away and decided it was time to seek a more permanent solution before they burnt down my house by eating our wiring. Everyone thinks the little monsters are cute until they cause them several thousand dollars in damages or destroy their house. A good dog that hates little furry tailed rats should do the trick too. If something tries to eat them every time they hit the ground they will find somewhere else to wreak havoc
(09-20-2017, 02:11 PM)Dave Diaman Wrote: I tried all of those too Arlin. I finally gave up on keeping them away and decided it was time to seek a more permanent solution before they burnt down my house by eating our wiring. Everyone thinks the little monsters are cute until they cause them several thousand dollars in damages or destroy their house. A good dog that hates little furry tailed rats should do the trick too. If something tries to eat them every time they hit the ground they will find somewhere else to wreak havoc

I pick em off with my pellet rifle to keep the population in check. We also have a couple of red tailed hawks who have set up shop in my area, and they help to keep them at bay.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Active dogs and a .22 work here
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

For the general variety squirrels target practice works great. Flying squirrels are nocturnal though so I had to be a little tricker. The only reason I even knew we had a problem was they decided to destroy the area directly above my bedroom. I hate the little monsters!