Here is some of Arlins work space with attached Garage
(11-02-2017, 03:35 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Well they said they are done and it is perfect.  We shall see anyway.

We priced the R19 and I was going to do it a little at a time but my wife called a guy who would do the whole thing and only $100 more then the cost of the R19, so maybe we will ask him to blow in the insulation to.
Yes

Arlin, I'm so sorry this did not go smoothly for you.  Hopefully it will be resolved eventually to your satisfaction.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Did you get the electrical done already? Or are you doing conduit?

Also what r19 batt width are you doing?

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

...it really is a shame that companies will do what they did to you,very sorry things didn't go better. A this point it may just be good to see them go.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(11-02-2017, 06:24 PM)Admiral Wrote: Arlin, I'm so sorry this did not go smoothly for you.  Hopefully it will be resolved eventually to your satisfaction.

Thanks Rich.  I guess I stressed about it and today I am not feeling to good with sick stomach.
Sad

(11-03-2017, 05:37 AM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Did you get the electrical done already? Or are you doing conduit?

Also what r19 batt width are you doing?

Mike

The wiring is in the walls and ceiling and I think my BIL did the walls to 16" or 18" or 20" I do not remember.  I figure if it is to wide I can always cut it down to fit.

Fred

Yep I am glad they are gone.  The head construction guy from QSI said the new rep seller is under their eyes because he has done things wrong and customer service.  I still will not use them again.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Well yesterday after pool therapy I came home and started priming the ceiling in the shop.  Since I hurt enough after that today I taken some extra oxycodone and Aleve and some bio-freeze before doing the job but my shoulder still hurts some, but at least the ceiling is all primed.

The insulation is all done in the ceiling and walls and my wife and BIL will finish the two walls with sheetrock in a few days after I finish painting the ceiling which I plan on taking two days again to paint.  It makes it much easier for me to do it in stages instead of all at once.

The other two walls will have 1/2"x4x8 Birch plywood which my BIL found on Craig's list which the guy was selling15 sheets for $12 a sheet.  Someone else beat us to 6 of them and that makes me glad he did not take all of them for that price since that cost $50 a sheet around here. 

After the ceiling is done and my wife and BIL finish the sheetrock I will be putting on clear shellac on the birch plywood so it will be easy to clean off if I get something on it.

All I can say is how thankful my wife saved some money and only had to take out a small loan to get the whole thing done for me.  Like I said the old shop was small but long and this shop is 17'10"x22'9" with no garage door or steps from the house or all the clutter my wife or BIL bring in there all the time.  So my wife will have her garage to park the car in and mess it up as much as she desires.

Here is some shots of yesterday of the shop

[attachment=5789]

[attachment=5790]

[attachment=5791]

[attachment=5792]

This is the garage part

[attachment=5793]

[attachment=5794]

[attachment=5795]

As you can tell I take the picture of the garage part before they were finished with the sheetrock on the far part.

Wednesday I will take a few more of the ceiling and hopefully the sheetrock inside the shop then.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

You have really gotten a lot of nice tools in there.

Why ply on ceiling and sheetrock on walls? Seams backwards for a shop.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(11-18-2017, 08:42 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: You have really gotten a lot of nice tools in there.

Why ply on ceiling and sheetrock on walls? Seams backwards for a shop.

So I can hang things from the ceiling, but only two walls are sheetrock the other two walls are 1/2"x4x8 sheets of birch plywood to both look nice and in the future so I can do videos to help disabled people learn how to turn, safety, and using some hand tools we use and maybe one or two of the vets in it as well with a take on how they learned.

Really looking nice, glad your making some good progress. Go easy on the Oxy, OK?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(11-19-2017, 07:14 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Really looking nice, glad your making some good progress. Go easy on the Oxy, OK?

No worries.  I take far less then they wish me to take.

(09-14-2017, 02:08 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Here are some more on the second day

I had taken some pictures of last night with more updates of them putting on the siding which I will add later

Arlin,

Congrads on the new shop.  I agree, I would not have them build anything for me either. In one of the pictures on you second post, it looks as if the beams for the over hang are laminated 2x's? Or are the solid beams and its just the way the photo looks? Another question is just to the left of the service door, the beams seam to be close together with a large gap in the middle. Are you planning to put an overhead door there in the future? How far from you house is your shop?

With the exception of the tin siding and overhang it looks pretty good. Where I live, the first snowstorm or two that overhang would be on the ground and if not there would be a good size ice dam and a waterfall wall. The overhang has a very low pitch.

I hear you on the contractors - there is a serious lack of skilled labor in this country, and a population of people that do not want to work. For the last two years I have tried to hire contractors to do specific jobs metal roof and repair the asphalt driveway. After four months last year and numerous phone calls, posts on their Facebook page and a long negative review on Google, they finally finished the roof the 2nd week in December 2016. The contractor was to have the driveway done the 2 week of August this year and still trying to get him to show up or any contractor for that fact. It's getting to the point that will won't be done this year as the asphalt plants are closing down for the year.