Workbench Build
Congratulations on a very nice bench! Great work. You're going to love it.
That's a great looking bench.
Great Job on the bench.  Don't worry that you started out with just a few tools.  I built some very nice project with a few hand me downs and worked my way into a nice shop YEARS later.  The experience you gain as you move thru your woodworking... adapting and making things work as you did, will pay great bonuses down the road.  You can't have too many tools.. but you don't have to have them all to do good work.  You proved that with the outcome on that bench.

Again... nice work.  Put it to good use. 
Laugh
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
(10-10-2017, 10:21 PM)timsta007 Wrote: Next up was applying a coat of boiled linseed oil to the exterior surface.  I put extra on the top and let it soak in a bit before wiping the excess, while I just rubbed the base with a cloth that was soaked in oil.  I'm sure I will do another coat, but the fumes were pretty substantial so I'll probably wait a week or two to add more.

[Image: SX5iesRh.jpg]

[Image: YwzXwwsh.jpg]

[Image: tnTjZFjh.jpg]

[Image: oCux40Gh.jpg]

[Image: HE09bzuh.jpg]

After working with it a bit, I've realized that for even moderate sized projects I'm going to want to move it out to the middle of the garage and be able to have more room to work.  Based on a great recommendation from a member here (can't recall who) I decided to buy and install a set of retractable and removable casters from Rockler.

[Image: 4kLmeoXh.jpg]

[Image: dhhnHXkh.jpg]

[Image: T28B57mh.jpg]

[Image: rVimPeUh.jpg]

[Image: e2A2yB4h.jpg]

The only other addition I'm thinking I'd like to make at some point in the future is a leg vise but I think that will be a bit down the road and after I've done a few projects to see what I like and what I don't like about the set up.  I'm still trying to find a good piece of firewood to make a carpenters mallet so the next project up may be installing french cleats on the wall behind the bench to give me lots more storage.
Good move on the retractable casters. A bench works so much better if a person can work from all sides