Generally speaking
if you post a question, its considered polite to acknowledge the responses.  Just saying.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

(09-18-2017, 06:42 PM)blackhat Wrote: if you post a question, its considered polite to acknowledge the responses.  Just saying.

See that all too often,really ticks me off.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
(09-18-2017, 06:42 PM)blackhat Wrote: if you post a question, its considered polite to acknowledge the responses.  Just saying.

yes well I been around long enough to know that is not happening most of the time
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I always enjoy (and expect) the poster to "give the rest of the story". You never know we might learn something.
(09-18-2017, 07:33 PM)toolmiser Wrote: I always enjoy (and expect) the poster to "give the rest of the story".  You never know we might learn something.

Absolutely. It is nice to know that the OP did see the answers and that it was not a waste of time responding. The least they can do.
John T.

10-4
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Used to bother me as well. After the years I have been doing this, and the numbers of show up/drop/disappear folks(Bird posters)I have seen----part of the cost of doing business.
Crazy
Big Grin

I agree.  Unfortunately, "polite" has disappeared from most of modern life.   "You want me to thank you for answering my request for help?  I don't have time to do that.  But know that I do appreciate you wasting your time to help me.  Really." 

Let me digress for just a minute to paint a picture of the other side of the coin.  I go on some pretty long hikes that span a few weeks.  No matter how well those hikes are planned you occasionally run into situations where without the help of someone you would be really inconvenienced or even put in serious danger.  Every time I have faced one of those situations some complete stranger has been there to help me, with no expectation of reward besides a heartfelt Thank You.  I've had people pick me up in the pouring rain late at night on a dark road, offer to take me well out of their way, offer to take me to their house and feed and house me, pay for a meal w/o me even knowing until I asked for the bill and never knowing who they are, and more.  It is both gratifying and humbling to see the best in people helping others in need, without being asked and w/o expectation of reward.   These experiences have helped me learn to pay it forward - and it always feel good to do so.  A thank you, however, is always appreciated.  

John