New Favorite Youtube Channel - Check him out
I recently found a youtube channel that I love and thought I would share.  His user name is 

Dusty Splinters

He has a very small following, and I've watched nearly every youtube video ever made on WW... surprised I haven't seen him yet.

But, this guy has it figured out.  Some will disagree, but I believe nearly everything I've heard this guy say to be correct, and I've watched nearly half of his content so far.

This is just a PSA for anyone looking for more stuff to watch.   
Yes
(09-19-2017, 09:12 AM)Strokes77 Wrote: I recently found a youtube channel that I love and thought I would share.  His user name is 

Dusty Splinters

He has a very small following, and I've watched nearly every youtube video ever made on WW... surprised I haven't seen him yet.

But, this guy has it figured out.  Some will disagree, but I believe nearly everything I've heard this guy say to be correct, and I've watched nearly half of his content so far.

Yes

His small following just got +1  
Wink .
Thank you for this post!
Ag
(09-19-2017, 09:12 AM)Strokes77 Wrote: I recently found a youtube channel that I love and thought I would share.  His user name is 

Dusty Splinters

Yes

Agreed. I have watched a bunch of his vids.....I love his take on sharpening. "Not every plane needs to be sharpened to 1600 grit" 
Laugh Funny, I have three block planes.....a cheap on that is for rought stuff ....a stanley that ive never taken past 800g and a Lie Nielsen that gets the fine 4000g polish. Same with my chisels....some I could do surgery with, some just cut wood. Also the find what works for you deal.....I totally agree.  I was happy to hear someone validate that.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Reminds me of some church ministers .....
He has some nice plains there!
Thanks. I just subscribed.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$

Dusty Splinters

Yes

I watched a couple videos. I would not call it my favorite channel but what I saw was ok.
He reminds me of someone else on you tube. Or perhaps they are the same person.
Same camera angle, same voice, inflection, and manor.
Different set or shop, however.
Guy always had a cup of something to drink in his hand when he started talking and did basic hand tool demonstrations.
Can't remember his name.
Signed up! I'll watch some later.
Benny

(09-26-2017, 03:25 PM)bennybmn Wrote: Signed up! I'll watch some later.

This is "Walter Ambrosh" of the Facebook handplane making/using/collecting group. He is a regular poster there, if any of you are interested in hearing more from him or contacting him directly.

Trying not to be too much of a jerk here, but...I don't hold him in high regard. There are about 20 people on this forum who I think have hand planing way more figured out than Walter. If I were a rank beginner I would think differently, but I don't think there's a lot there for anybody with significant experience.
If you're gonna be one, be a Big Red One.