A project in Maple
Have no way of doing any videos in the shop...unless someone were to bring their own stuff to the shop.....

About 2:30  this afternoon, this happened...
Winkgrin

Later, it can join the rest of the glue ups, while I figure out how I will be joining all four sides into a single box.....might take more than a single pair of hands...
Confused
No
Uhoh
Rolleyes 

I even ran a plane around, to smooth the panel's face a bit..

Dang pin knots were getting in the way....
Upset

So, now I can let this sit a day, and then see about some assembly.....
Confused
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Dry fit...
Cool  

Next will be the corner joints.....may involve a plough plane...
Winkgrin 

Have to remember to turn that one end panel around....raised part goes OUT
Rolleyes 

Stay tuned
Winkgrin
Well...SLOWLY moving around......COPD is kicking my rearend......way too many trips up and down them steps to the shop..

Anyway,  set up the Stanley 45 for one task...

Milled a 1/4" tongue on the edges of the end panels...then trimmed them back a bit..

As they will be going into some stopped grooves in the front and rear panels...

Broke one router bit milling these grooves
Sad .   But it was about the easiest way for me to make the grooves.  
Yes  

Got everything dry fitted up,  decided to go ahead and glue  things up.   Will let it set til tomorrow, and then see about a few other items on it.   Like a bottom panel,  a mini storage box the doubles as a lid support.....and maybe a lid?  
Rolleyes  
Router?
Confused Router?
Rolleyes

Oh yeah..that contraption
Raised
Winkgrin Noisey, uncomfortable, loud......messy things....
Laugh 

Stay tuned
Added a frame to hold the plywood bottom panel..

And added the plywood panel, once I finally had the size cut to fit
Upset  

Then had to add a piece to the blank for the lid
Mad  

Came back the next day, removed the clamps, trimmed the now too long and too wide panel to size, and added some bread boards on the ends.   Left those a tad long...

Later that day, I trimmed the corners, and leveled the entire lid.  placed the lid back on the case, and called it a day..

Still need to sand the case smooth, and install hinges for the lid.   Then see about other hardware to hold the lid open..

Can't wait to see what a coat of amber shellac will do....stay tuned
Entire chest is sanded to 120 grit.....and a coat of Amber Shellac added:

Decided this was the best side for the front
Yes  

One of the ends...

And a view of the top of the chest.    All sharp corners were rounded a bit, using a spokeshave, and a block plane. 

Still need to install the hinges...maybe tomorrow?  Today being a Monday, after all
No 

We getting there...stay tuned
Winkgrin
Well, as for putting hinges ON the chest...
Uhoh   

Hey, they ARE on the chest, right?
Winkgrin 

Maple 1 x4 and a Poplar 1 x 10 needed cut down..

Used the Disston D-8 for that.   After a bit of resaw work..

Had to plane away the saw marks.  The Poplar had a "problem"....along one edge it was 3/8" thick, along the other..it was 1/2" thick

Cambered jack to scrub the high points down.   then a smooth plane to level the field...

so...why all of this work?  
Confused Stay tuned for the next episode
Winkgrin
Backtrack a bit.....Needed a second rail made, to match one I already had.   1 x 4 needed to be a little narrower, anyway..

Old rip fence worked decently enough on a rip cut like this.....resaw?  Not that great....Wound up almost free handing the 1 x 3 through.

Decided to cut the Maple parts to about the length needed....on the mitresaw..

You were expecting something with a cord?
Rolleyes

So...after handplaning  All five parts smooth, I stood the maple up on the poplar "bottom".   I still need to do the joinery work, but, there will be a tray that slides from end to end in the blanket chest.    It will slide on the maple rails.    May get a handle...metal or wood...
Confused not sure about a dividers, yet.

IF & When I meander back to the shop....looks like I have a bit of work for this saw...

Maybe?  Stay tuned....
Winkgrin
That's awesome! Totally dig the (largely) unplugged approach. Bravo!
Laid out some tools, today...

that dovetail bit set the angle on the bevel gauge...which led to more tools being brought out
Rolleyes  

Which led to this happening..
Cool  

By now, the arm where they dug out a Biopsy this morning was getting sore...time to stop for today....
No 

BTW:  Dog holes are great, for keeping chisels from rolling off the bench, and spearing my feet
Rolleyes 

Had a few "extra" planes that needed a place to hang out at....since the til is full..
Rolleyes 

Cleaned a spot off on the shelf under the bench's top.   Should  keep these out of trouble...
Winkgrin 

Have a lump on the right forearm that likes to keep growing....will get the test results back in about...two weeks.   Not sure why they needed to make such a large hole in the arm.  The shots to numb the area?   Wore off way too soon.  Wasn't supposed to get the area dirty....ooops
Rolleyes ..maybe tomorrow, I can get a little something done?
Confused  Stay tuned
Cool
Sorry to hear of your health problems.  Thanks for posting updates to your builds.