LAGUNA acquires SUPERMAX Tools
Linky:

https://lagunatools.com/company/press-in...max-tools/
(09-20-2017, 09:11 AM)Ohio Mike Wrote: Linky:

https://lagunatools.com/company/press-in...max-tools/

First they sold Performax to Jet (WMH), essentially bought it back (rebranding in the process), and have now sold it again. I'm wondering if those guys really want to be in business or not.
Jason

(09-20-2017, 09:38 AM)Jason28 Wrote: First they sold Performax to Jet (WMH), essentially bought it back (rebranding in the process), and have now sold it again. I'm wondering if those guys really want to be in business or not.

It is a bizarre scenario.  Laguna must have made them a great offer!

Mike
The point of being in business is to make money. Evidently they made money on the sale, or conversely they may not have been making money and needed to be acquired.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
I guess I own a laguna now. Maybe they'll send me new decals.
-Marc

It’s unfortunate that now a day’s good tool manufactures (Delta, Excalibur and so on) just don’t stay around or tend to make good products and then change the quality or sell. Not saying what will happen with the sanders now that Laguna bought them but I hope they don’t go for more profit and less quality. I have a LT 18’’ band saw that I like a lot so I am not bashing Laguna but I just hope they don’t cheapen up the sanders. Who knows maybe they will make two levels of sanders like the band saws?
(09-20-2017, 09:38 AM)Jason28 Wrote: First they sold Performax to Jet (WMH), essentially bought it back (rebranding in the process), and have now sold it again. I'm wondering if those guys really want to be in business or not.

Do I remember this wrong? I thought Supermax was started by some of the Performax guys that left after them after the Jet/WMH purchase. They introduced their own, separate line of sanders that have now been sold to Laguna. They are/were a completely separate company from WMH (???).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(09-21-2017, 05:53 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Do I remember this wrong? I thought Supermax was started by some of the Performax guys that left after them after the Jet/WMH purchase. They introduced their own, separate line of sanders that have now been sold to Laguna. They are/were a completely separate company from WMH (???).

It is my understanding you are correct, Fred.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Probably a good purchase, Laguna has built a great distribution channel.. They can move lots of Supermax machinery ..
Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death.
Ayn Rand

(09-22-2017, 01:11 AM)Rick F Wrote: Probably a good purchase,  Laguna has built a great distribution channel..  They can move lots of Supermax machinery ..

Except that Laguna's customer service is spotty.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.