So what are you working on?
It's been pretty quiet on the project front around here lately.  So what are you working on?  Or are you too busy with other things to be in the shop?  Curious minds, mine, want to know. 

As for me, I've got a dozen things going on it seems.  I'm still finishing up the half bath project; got the new light, towel hook and T-paper holder installed this week.  I'm waiting on a piece of custom mirror to come so that I can finish the medicine cabinet, and then it will be done.  I also installed a tempering valve that's needed to regulate the radiant heat under the new bamboo kitchen floor.  I had forgotten how much water is in my boiler and radiator system.  Like many, I don't care for plumbing work, but I'm willing to do it because I'm cheap and it's not all that hard to do.  Sorry, don't mean to offend any plumbers on here.  Of course, it's nearly impossible to drain all the water out of any plumbing system and I had one joint I needed to solder that I just couldn't drain to the last drop.  So I used a trick I read/saw somewhere long ago and stuffed a piece of bread into the end of the pipe that was dripping.  The joint soldered up perfectly.  Whoever first thought of that idea gets a huge thank you from me. 

Another job I've wanted to do ever since I had a water leak a year ago is to install a motorized ball valve to shut off the water where it enters the house.  I finally bought the valve a week or so ago.  Yesterday and this AM I got the wiring installed.  It will be manually operated, with the on/off switch right next to the security system panel, so when you leave the house you arm the security system and flip the valve switch off, and do the opposite when entering the house.  Now I have to install the ball valve.  Oh great, more plumbing work. 

Other stuff going on, too, but I'm interested to see/hear what you all are doing.  Step right up.  Add some life to the place.  

John
(09-21-2017, 09:16 AM)jteneyck Wrote: I'm interested to see/hear what you all are doing.  Step right up.  Add some life to the place.  

John

Turning some handles for the new bottle openers I got from RuthNiles - the same place I get wine bottle stoppers. (highly recommended).

[Image: 36556576133_047c3db3f3_b.jpg]

[Image: 37178950066_72b51b7c2c_b.jpg]

[Image: 37226468131_f3f2b62093_b.jpg]
"At this point in time" I am attempting to turn a one piece coffee scoop. (this month's challenge in the wood turning club; I'm not a good turner)

Three projects on the drawing board:
   1.  Wenge "floating shelving" for a friend's remodel
   2.  7' long rolling console cabinet for our youth minister
   3.  Re-face/remodel choir folder cabinet for our music minister

Tuesday morning picked up the Wenge plywood ($271.40 each) only to find one was not perfect.  "No problem, we will make you another one."  I don't do a lot of business with Wood Gallery in Dallas, they are expensive but they are good!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Just finished two subwoofers for my stereo system, now waiting on some electronics to finalize the amplifier setup.

Finished a 20" x 48" walnut and maple cutting board a couple of weeks ago with future son in law. First project we did together. I think he is hooked.
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24
(09-21-2017, 10:53 AM)Ohio Mike Wrote: Turning some handles for the new bottle openers I got from RuthNiles - the same place I get wine bottle stoppers. (highly recommended).

[Image: 36556576133_047c3db3f3_b.jpg]

nooooooo a bottle on the table saw    one of my pet peeves lol
Smile
Smile
Smile
Smile
And drinking Ale it would seem. Woodworking and drinking beer are the two major functions of my shop! Not at the same time of course.?
Since my shop was just drywalled, I'm proving that old guys shouldn't try to paint 10' ceilings with a roller. I need to get it painted so I can finish installing the rest of the receptacles and start moving some stuff in....before the weather turn cold.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Haven't done much in the shop at all lately, most everything has been outside work.

I did finish up the 1 1/2 year pavilion project. Needed to find some barnwood to wrap the headers with. Managed to get enough 1x12x16' siding pieces to do the job. Before that it was topsoil to finish grade around it.

Ed
This is my crazy month. I spend the whole month of September getting ready for a show the first weekend in October. The Highboy I had about a week head start but with the exception of the two miniatures everything was started after September 1st. This should give you an idea about how busy I am. In addition to the pieces you see here I am also building a drop leaf dining table and possibly one other item if time permits.

Two wall cupboards I just finished up.

photo 8AEDBFA8-D983-4807-889F-B0B909700CDA_zpsdn1mczpx.jpg

A simple Jelly cupboard that is a good seller. This one is ready for finish.

photo CE8731E2-EF27-4B2A-B7A2-6CFCE1FA2249_zpsuneotgsu.jpg

Flat top Highboy. This just needs the carving finished and it will be of to the finishing booth.
 photo F9F567ED-F44D-4514-994F-47885323AA84_zpsk5fdpp4a.jpg

Three side tables still in the construction stage.
 photo 5CA8C220-7AD1-4BD3-B5B7-1D8CF5235B39_zps8p8wgsvy.jpg

Legs for a William and Mary table.

photo 22BB06D3-AB02-480D-AD68-607F5432F135_zpsxlwm4bdh.jpg

Another hanging cupboard of a different style that hasn't been finished yet. There is also a small chest that I just finished glazing that only needs the final coat of finish and the hardware.

photo D02D2C1B-7AC1-4B4E-A589-837A26701504_zpselxakqjr.jpg

A cherry chimney cupboard that is about to be glazed and antiqued.

photo 125F547E-1F80-4914-9AA7-323A60DD56E3_zps81omnnuk.jpg

The two miniatures I started earlier and have just worked on as time permitted.

photo 8ECE8D9F-C4C7-415E-B1F9-B5D25129D451_zpsaz4vxxi4.jpg

photo E90EC794-D5F1-4B5D-95F5-E8DA4E1F2CF6_zpsmgv7e6bs.jpg

I'm sure I will end up with a few more small items by the time the show rolls around but nothing major.
Finished this built-in and sofa table and coat rack in the last couple of months.  Working on a pantry cabinet and backgammon board currently.  Not enough progress to post pictures.

"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"