OK it is time to post your wish list for the Secret Santa
and for those who do not say what they want or have everything ALMOST.
Laugh

Post here to help your Secret Santa get an idea what you need or want. 

Arlin (The silent elf)
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(09-22-2017, 12:31 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: and for those who do not say what they want or have everything ALMOST.
Laugh

Arlin (The silent elf)
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Thanks, Arlin. Do you think we could one, get this thread retitled to show it's where the wish lists go, and two, sticky it?
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(09-24-2017, 11:15 AM)Aram Wrote: Thanks, Arlin. Do you think we could one, get this thread retitled to show it's where the wish lists go, and two, sticky it?

OK first wish is done.  I will contact the Mods to have it stickyed.  Now that yow have your wishes you no longer get the gift.
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

(09-24-2017, 01:21 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: OK first wish is done.  I will contact the Mods to have it stickyed.  Now that yow have your wishes you no longer get the gift.
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin

Hey! 
Big Grin
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(09-22-2017, 12:31 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: and for those who do not say what they want or have everything ALMOST.
Laugh

Arlin (The silent elf)
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin

I've never been disappointed with the SS gifts I've received and HOPE no one has been disappointed with what I've given.  That said, I'm into a lot of things but chair building and saw sharpening/restoration are primary activities for me...unless friend/family express an urgent need.  I've been searching for ages for a hammerset for setting the teeth on saws.  Someone here on the net found one 1 I really would have liked to have but it was outside my budget....can't blame the man..those things aren't made anymore and are hard as hen's teeth to find. Anyway.... there's no way to disappoint me...I think the whole concept punctuates the old addage "It's the thought that counts".  
Thanks, Arlin for setting the stage!!
Good luck!

Don
OK this is what me and the vets are wanting instead of the few tools we need.

We would rather have some money instead.

I found that we only need $695 to get our non profit to get it up and rolling.  Legal Zoom will do the complete thing for Federal and State and the other things we can not do.  This sure beats the $2500 that a legal law firm quoted us 3 years ago.

We are in a catch 22 since everyone wants to only make donations to a non profit for tax purposes and we can not become a non profit without the donations.

So any small amount would be great for us and I will sent the person my email address to do so when we find out who each are.

Thanks

The new job I started last year led to a nice promotion, that has kept me real busy and not able to post much around here, but I do look forward to the Secret Santa every year!  One of the best things going!!!

That said, I will be happy with anything!  Really!

A donation to the annual WoodNet fund raiser is always in style!  

Things I could use around the shop: an awl (I keep giving the ones I make away) and a jointer's mallet leap to mind...

Wood is an excellent choice!

Then there is always the wish list over at LV 
Cool

Here's hoping everyone has a most excellent Christmas!

Randy
Reality is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
Copied from my profile, which is an easy place to communicate a wish list.....

Santa, any self made tool or device would be greatly appreciated (maybe a mortise gauge)! I like reading, particularly techniques of woodworking and how to rehab hand tools. A decent #6 plane iron with breaker would be great, I have one without. A small combination square to check mortise walls.

Jim
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
(09-28-2017, 03:02 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: OK this is what me and the vets are wanting instead of the few tools we need.

We would rather have some money instead.

Doesn't that conflict with the "send a real gift, not money or a gift card" rule?
(11-06-2017, 01:35 PM)geek2me Wrote: Doesn't that conflict with the "send a real gift, not money or a gift card" rule?

Ummmm.... Arlin and his vets group are a special case..... what they do is a very desirable activity to contribute to..... never did believe in taking donations off my taxes anyway....
Skip