OK it is time to post your wish list for the Secret Santa
Keep it coming guys.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
With work the last couple of years it's been very busy, however, I am able to get a little time in the shop to work.  Having never been disappointed with the SS gifts I've received and I hope that no one has been disappointed with what I've given.  With that said, my wood working interests varied - often times depending on needs or wants, The last few years its been more about shop organization, collecting wood (from stacks of common woods to the rare and exotic pieces) or as my wife puts it I'm a wood hoarder!  Period furniture and history have always been at the top of the list, making things for others (i.e. pens) is always fun. receiving hand made items from others is always great. Do seem to have a shortage of woodworking videos/DVDs to watch when the SO is watching reality TV shows!

Current projects (works in progress) include: Router table (floor model, my bench top router table of 30 yrs was giving to a co-worker. He now says that it's opened up a new world to him). Even though it's pretty much built, I'm looking for jigs/jig plans to use with the router.

Another project that I'm working on slowly is a tool cabinet.  Looking for something special for a drawer/door front. Not sure what, but something different.

Would like to learn more about secret compartments, latches, Krenov, Frank Klausz etc.

Thanks,
Bud
Like Anak, I'm in the "raising kids and playing in the shop will have to wait" phase.  I probably don't have many recent posts, and all of my favorite post pictures are probably gone after the Photobucket mess.

I get to do only a few projects a year, usually unpredictable in nature.  I have some big machinery for general lumber milling (table saw/bandsaw/8" jointer/13" planer) and a good lathe, but the hand tools are what I look forward to using most.  To that end I have a decent stable of planes and backsaws. I have a few carving tools but could use a traditional round carving mallet.  I have the pieces of a veneer hammer I started, but I'd love a real glue pot someday.

All that said, this information is given so the Secret Santa knows I'm in pretty good shape.  I love it when I receive a shop made item from Secret Santa, and any decent shop-made Secret Santa tool will typically replace a store-bought one.  I am equally happy with any bit of raw material, having turned a previous Secret Santa gift of some African Blackwood chunks into some of my favorite tool handles.  So, feel free to just rummage through your scrap pile, and spend as little as you like.  Have FUN choosing or making this gift, rather than stressing at all. I have never been disappointed by WoodNet Secret Santa. It's about our camaraderie, not expensive gifts!

I look forward to the gift and hope I succeed in increasing the joy of my Santa and of my giftee this Christmas season!
Since I don't post on here much, I better give my Secret Santa an idea or two.  Between raising 3 little ones and working 50+ hours/week, I seem to spend less and less time in the shop.  When I do, it seems to be relating to organizing the shop.  I have been on a hand tool kick for a few years now and still haven't built my work bench but I'm at least getting around to that now.  I have a full stable of planes that need to be sharpened/cleaned up along with a bunch of hand saws and I look forward to the day when I can start putting these hand tools to use.  

I love hand-made tools so anything hand made would definitely get put to use.  I could use a marking knife for marking the layouts of dovetails.  Maybe something for my soon-to-be-built work bench?  I'm eventually going to buy a Veritas Wonder-Dog and the Veritas Surface Clamp when the bench is completed.  Honestly, I enjoy anything that I receive as it's usually my only woodworking-related gift that I have no idea what it is, which I love!
(11-12-2017, 04:41 PM)SCMedLion Wrote: Like Anak, I'm in the "raising kids and playing in the shop will have to wait" phase.  I probably don't have many recent posts, and all of my favorite post pictures are probably gone after the Photobucket mess.

I get to do only a few projects a year, usually unpredictable in nature.  I have some big machinery for general lumber milling (table saw/bandsaw/8" jointer/13" planer) and a good lathe, but the hand tools are what I look forward to using most.  To that end I have a decent stable of planes and backsaws. I have a few carving tools but could use a traditional round carving mallet.  I have the pieces of a veneer hammer I started, but I'd love a real glue pot someday.

All that said, this information is given so the Secret Santa knows I'm in pretty good shape.  I love it when I receive a shop made item from Secret Santa, and any decent shop-made Secret Santa tool will typically replace a store-bought one.  I am equally happy with any bit of raw material, having turned a previous Secret Santa gift of some African Blackwood chunks into some of my favorite tool handles.  So, feel free to just rummage through your scrap pile, and spend as little as you like.  Have FUN choosing or making this gift, rather than stressing at all. I have never been disappointed by WoodNet Secret Santa. It's about our camaraderie, not expensive gifts!

I look forward to the gift and hope I succeed in increasing the joy of my Santa and of my giftee this Christmas season!

Matt

I sent you a PM so look for it.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

The elves asked me to post here and, as usual, I do not know what to say.

Add me to the group that seems to be spending more time at work than in the shop the last couple of years. My shop time has been spent unpacking boxes from the Woodnet SnS, moving all of the shop against the walls so that an electrician could come in and replace the lights, and starting to organize the shop afterwards so that I might be able to make anything. Would you like some cheese with that whine?
Winkgrin 

I really like shop made tools. I have been very appreciative of all of the past SS gifts that I have received. Among the gifts that I have been fortunate to receive in past SS's are a shop made marking gauge, a shop-made mallet, and an antique moving fillister plane. There have also been great books, posters, very nicely figured woods, and one absolutely exquisite handmade Christmas card.

Between a tornado that came through the area a while back and lots of flat-rate boxes of blanks, I am currently well set up for wood.

I am always looking for plans for Pennsylvania German Schranks (wardrobes) beyond the 2 pages in Bill Hylton's book. Last year, I received some really nice books of images of them and other furniture from the late 19th, early 20th century. Building a couple of them for the nieces is on my bucket list to replace the family antique that got stolen from us.

Since I got back into woodworking, I have primarily been a turner, but am now broadening back into woodworking in general. That includes having some tools to restore including: a bunch of socket chisels, a Woodfast lathe, a benchtop bowl lathe, an Hegner scroll saw, and a Delta floor-standing disk sander.  The shop also includes some Shopsmiths and some drill presses.

I list all of this in hopes that my SS will actually have a better idea of what I might find useful in my woodworking growth than I do. I promise to be appreciative of whatever my SS sends me. It is always my big gift to open on Christmas Day.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(11-14-2017, 08:20 PM)iclark Wrote: The elves asked me to post here and, as usual, I do not know what to say.

Add me to the group that seems to be spending more time at work than in the shop the last couple of years. My shop time has been spent unpacking boxes from the Woodnet SnS, moving all of the shop against the walls so that an electrician could come in and replace the lights, and starting to organize the shop afterwards so that I might be able to make anything. Would you like some cheese with that whine?
Winkgrin 

I really like shop made tools. I have been very appreciative of all of the past SS gifts that I have received. Among the gifts that I have been fortunate to receive in past SS's are a shop made marking gauge, a shop-made mallet, and an antique moving fillister plane. There have also been great books, posters, very nicely figured woods, and one absolutely exquisite handmade Christmas card.

Between a tornado that came through the area a while back and lots of flat-rate boxes of blanks, I am currently well set up for wood.

I am always looking for plans for Pennsylvania German Schranks (wardrobes) beyond the 2 pages in Bill Hylton's book. Last year, I received some really nice books of images of them and other furniture from the late 19th, early 20th century. Building a couple of them for the nieces is on my bucket list to replace the family antique that got stolen from us.

Since I got back into woodworking, I have primarily been a turner, but am now broadening back into woodworking in general. That includes having some tools to restore including: a bunch of socket chisels,  a Woodfast lathe, a benchtop bowl lathe, an Hegner scroll saw, and a Delta floor-standing disk sander.  The shop also includes some Shopsmiths and some drill presses.

I list all of this in hopes that my SS will actually have a better idea of what I might find useful in my woodworking growth than I do. I promise to be appreciative of whatever my SS sends me. It is always my big gift to open on Christmas Day.

Ivan

I do not know if this would help you but my wife has her Grandparents Schranks (I think they called it a Schunk) that was brought over from Germany in 1860's.  If I take a lot of pictures and measurements would it help you?

(11-15-2017, 05:35 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Ivan

I do not know if this would help you but my wife has her Grandparents Schranks (I think they called it a Schunk) that was brought over from Germany in 1860's.  If I take a lot of pictures and measurements would it help you?

Schunk or schrunk are other names that I have seen.

If you could take a picture of the joint between the side and the base (from the inside) and of the joint between the side and the top, then I could tell you if I need more info on that one. The one that I lost had some joints there that I have not found described in any of the joinery books.

Many thanks for the offer.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I've always enjoyed the Secret Santa, and I've never been disappointed with the gift I received. My woodworking is probably intermediate-level, some boxes, some carving, and most recently a cherry side-table completed at Heritage Woodworking School in Waco. My next one will be a new kitchen table, a counter-height version of a hayrake. I have a Lee Valley list.
Like other folks' entries here, I don't like to post wish lists on public forums... But I was asked to enter something anyway so I'll just say what I usually do or would like to do... 
Wink  

Woodworking - furniture, boxes and fishing rod holders... as well as workbenches & other workshop utilities... 
Tools - making various handtools, on occasion(s)...
Lutherie - mostly violin and bow repair...  Plan to build a violin from scratch in the near/or-not-so-near future...
Art - wood carvings and wood sculpture... 
Fishing lures, tying flies...

Other than large-scale sizing I like to do most of my work with hand tools...

None of the above is professional work...  just a hobby...

Salmo.