Quick fun fall turnings
Ah fall , The sound of falling acorns as a breeze rustles the leaves inspired me to make some of my favorite quick fun projects.
some times ya just gotta go nuts.  a piece of walnut, a piece of maple and wallah, fall decorations.
top is about 2-3/8" nut about 2"
Don

Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
I like these Don Very clever work, I love this time of the year and these are a great decoration for your home.

Bruce
I love them Don and will figure out how to make them for the Grandkids to hang on the tree for special presents inside of them.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(09-23-2017, 11:06 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I love them Don and will figure out how to make them for the Grandkids to hang on the tree for special presents inside of them.

Thanks guys
ya, I made one a few years ago and put a ring in it for my wife. She didn't notice it until the tree came down, That was fun
Laugh
Don's woodshop
(09-24-2017, 11:57 AM)Woodshop Wrote: Thanks guys
ya, I made one a few years ago and put a ring in it for my wife. She didn't notice it until the tree came down, That was fun
Laugh

Must not of had enough Gold or Diamonds in it. 
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Those are beautiful Don!

How do you make the little stems?
You are frequently puzzled by things you tell us you fully understand. - Bob10 to EH 9/22/16

Too much has been made out of my mostly idle comments  - Cletus 12/9/15

You sound like one of those survivalist, hoarder, tin foil hat, militia, clinger, wackjobs.  - Fear Monger 1/30/13
Very well done Don and great idea of putting gifts inside.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
(11-08-2017, 05:53 PM)FireWood Wrote: Those are beautiful Don!

How do you make the little stems?

Thanks
They are turned . I turn a small dowel on one end to glue in the top and two bumps with one bump longer so I can cut it on a diagonal (like a miter) then flip it around and glue it back together. that gives me the bend. hope that makes sense
Crazy
Don's woodshop
Very cool indeed
(09-23-2017, 09:30 AM)Woodshop Wrote: Ah fall , The sound of falling acorns as a breeze rustles the leaves inspired me to make some of my favorite quick fun projects.
some times ya just gotta go nuts.  a piece of walnut, a piece of maple and wallah, fall decorations.
top is about 2-3/8" nut about 2"
Don

[Image: acorns1.jpg]
[Image: acorns2.jpg]

Keep up the good work!