Secret Santa 2017
(11-07-2017, 06:11 PM)Mike Brady Wrote: Honestly, I have been on the forum for over 10 years and have not participated in this because I have no idea of how it works.  Of course, I'm a guy who can't seem to figure out how to post photos anymore since Photobucket went South on us.  Just saying that instructions could be clearer.  People won't participate in things they don't understand.

Interesting you would say that... when young Ryan C pulled us kicking and screaming into this nearly a decade ago, we didn't have a clue.  He was still in high school then, but would not take no for an answer from us old folks.  He marched us down the aisle until we fell in love with it.  I think we had 50 or 60 in it back then, and he did all the work by himself, no computers involved, everything on scratch paper.  As Arlin said, the big thing was to get on here Christmas Day and post pics of what we got; it was a real madhouse.  Here we were talking to each other instead of being with our families downstairs on the big day.

A year later he graduated, started college, bought a car, got a serious girlfriend; and just kinda drifted away.. Just not many young energetic ones on here anymore...  Us old guys have more time, but a lot less energy... it takes an effort to do SS right, that's what it's all about.  Maybe when I finally really retire, I'll energize some, but right now I'm fully committed.

When it sunk in on me several years ago, my giver gave me an excellent package that followed my wish list perfectly. WAY better than what I sent to my giftee... I'll be back someday, I hope.
Skip

(11-10-2017, 02:54 PM)Skip J. Wrote: Interesting you would say that... when young Ryan C pulled us kicking and screaming into this nearly a decade ago, we didn't have a clue.  He was still in high school then, but would not take no for an answer from us old folks.  He marched us down the aisle until we fell in love with it.  I think we had 50 or 60 in it back then, and he did all the work by himself, no computers involved, everything on scratch paper.  As Arlin said, the big thing was to get on here Christmas Day and post pics of what we got; it was a real madhouse.  Here we were talking to each other instead of being with our families downstairs on the big day.

A year later he graduated, started college, bought a car, got a serious girlfriend; and just kinda drifted away.. Just not many young energetic ones on here anymore...  Us old guys have more time, but a lot less energy... it takes an effort to do SS right, that's what it's all about.  Maybe when I finally really retire, I'll energize some, but right now I'm fully committed.

When it sunk in on me several years ago, my giver gave me an excellent package that followed my wish list perfectly. WAY better than what I sent to my giftee... I'll be back someday, I hope.

Thanks for the history Skip I never knew it before just happy to be in it.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(11-12-2017, 12:39 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Thanks for the history Skip I never knew it before just happy to be in it.
Hi Arlin; You're certainly welcome!

You would have really enjoyed talking to young Ryan... he started turning handles for guys here, and last I heard 3 or 4 years ago, he still did.
Skip

I still have, mounted to the wall behind my bench, the famous purpleheart chisel handle and chisel RyanC turned and swore would be the last purpleheart he said he'd ever turn. I bought it from him and had him sign it. The way he ranted about it cracked many of us up. I had to have it.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
(11-13-2017, 11:31 AM)Gregory of Sherwood Forest Wrote: I still have, mounted to the wall behind my bench, the famous purpleheart chisel handle and chisel RyanC turned and swore would be the last purpleheart he said he'd ever turn. I bought it from him and had him sign it. The way he ranted about it cracked many of us up. I had to have it.

I remember his rant about purpleheart and that chisel.

Glad to hear it has a proper home.
Sorry to show up too late for the party 
Mad

Woodnet Secret Santa was truly one of  my most anticipated 
Christmas events.

Asleep at the wheel I guess

Maybe next year 
Crazy
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
All,

I've been asked to remind those of you who have shipments sent directly from Amazon, etc to your recipients.

Please designate, on the label that the gift is from Secret Santa so that the package doesn't get opened with all the other shipments coming in and thus spoil the surprise.

Thanks!
Santa's Elves
My secret santa gift showed up yesterday and is under the tree!  I just wanted to let my secret santa know that it arrived safely and it's also a reminder that I better get moving on my gift.
I just wanted to let my Secret Santa know that I received my package. Thanks !
(12-08-2017, 12:57 PM)digger Wrote: I just wanted to let my Secret Santa know that I received my package. Thanks !

I dropped my gift off at the mail today. Hope my recipient enjoys.  I had big intentions... but seemingly things never go as planned... Unfinished projects... Never enough time...
Sad

But it sure is fun to give a gift.