Don Pencil
Does anyone know if he's still in business? His website is still up but seems to be broke. I need some faceplates.
Nope, he closed operations down a couple years ago

He told me this week that some "source" started uncutting his prices, so he closed down.
Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that's more accident then design.
Thats what I thought. I just bought a couple of easywood faceplates. Not real impressed with them. Oh well
(09-23-2017, 10:14 PM)Angus Wrote: Thats what I thought. I just bought a couple of easywood faceplates. Not real impressed with them. Oh well

I started making 6 of them with welded nuts on 1" and 3/4" thick plates that are 10" and 8" round.  I thought this way it WILL take out any vibration from the wood. 
Laugh
Laugh

I need to lathe the sides down so they are perfectly round.  If I get this to working I will offer 1x8tpi and 1 1/4 tpi in sizes of 6" to 9" and will stick with 3/4" thick or even maybe 1/2"
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
This might be a shock to some but even on my large turnings the biggest face plate I use is 4" the vast majority of my turning are done with a 2 1/2". The face being perfectly flat is more important than being perfectly round.
(09-23-2017, 11:09 PM)Angus Wrote: This might be a shock to some but even on my large turnings the biggest face plate I use is 4" the vast majority of my turning are done with a 2 1/2". The face being perfectly flat is more important than being perfectly round.

Nope no shock at all.  I like mine the same but when I put logs in it I want to make it stable.

Now talking of that Angus my wife and oldest daughter will be flying into Boise Oct 26 - 30 I believe.  Wish I was coming and love to meet you and Dave.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Tell them to dress warm. We've been in the 30's all week on the east side of the state.
(09-23-2017, 09:49 PM)n7bsn Wrote: Nope, he closed operations down a couple years ago

He told me this week that some "source" started uncutting his prices, so he closed down.

That's a bummer. I bought a bunch of faceplates from him years ago. Great quality stuff.
Cellulose runs through my veins!