Delta TS DC Question
I received this wonderful TS in July. I've added the Shark Guard for better DC. I have a very good and efficient DC setup that has served me well for 20 years. I had a Griz 1023 and the DC & SG worked great.

My First time with a riving knife.

Anybody else have this problem? Maybe a different overhead DC guard? 

Jim
Jim
I read your post 3 times. Maybe I missed it -- what is the problem you are trying to solve?
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
I'm a little fuzzy as well as to the exact question, but on a guess: if you have a Unisaw, I had mine plumbed with a 6" duct running to the cabinet and a 4" to the Shark Guard ( the 4" was teed off the 6"), and it caught the dust quite well. This was with a 5HP DC sucking on it. The Shark Guard was probably the best overblade DC I've ever had. I switched to an Excalibur and threateded several times to go back to the Shark. I wound up selling the Uni and the Shark went with it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(09-24-2017, 11:02 PM)Aram Wrote: I read your post 3 times. Maybe I missed it -- what is the problem you are trying to solve?

It seems as though the SG isn't catching the dust as it did on the Grizzly although it seems to be picking up some of the dust.
Jim
Snap a picture or two of the setup. I will certainly try to help. It will catch near 100% of the dust with a riving knife version and proper dust collector or shop vac. It will leave more dust on an edge clean up, but there are solutions for those type of cuts too.
Lee
(09-25-2017, 06:44 PM)Stytooner Wrote: Snap a picture or two of the setup. I will certainly try to help. It will catch near 100% of the dust with a riving knife version and proper dust collector or shop vac. It will leave more dust on an edge clean up, but there are solutions for those type of cuts too.

I'm working on posting the picture. I used to use PB, but that sucks for quite a long time. I have on my desk top but am unsuccessful with copying to this post.

I'll keep trying.

Jim
Jim
The onboard photo hosting works quite well.  No need for outsourcing.

Hit the Reply button, and below the compose window is the Browse button.  Poke that, pick the image you want, then click the Add Attachment button.

Put the cursor where you want it, since it will jump to the beginning of your post, and click the Insert Into Post button to insert the code.

You can keep adding photos.

Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
You can send them to me at the email address on my site or in a PM if you like. It doesn't sound like you are pleased or satisfied with the Shark Guard so far. If that is the case, then I have failed and would like to get that corrected.
Lee
(09-27-2017, 04:37 AM)Stytooner Wrote: You can send them to me at the email address on my site or in a PM if you like. It doesn't sound like you are pleased or satisfied with the Shark Guard so far. If that is the case, then I have failed and would like to get that corrected.

I'm very pleased with SG and I would recommend it to anyone. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong. I can't attach it here because it's to big and I'm not sure how to reduce the size. Grand kinds to far away
Big Grin .  When she gets home this evening, I'll call and hopefully get my ignorance fixed.
My email address can take large files if that doesn't work out. leesty at gulftel dot com
Lee