Delta TS DC Question
Thanks, Jim.
This is a typical riving knife setup there. The guard is a little older, but has a 4" dust port.
It should be catching at least 99% or better of the saw dust. 
One tip is to lower the riving knife until the rear of the guard is almost touching the material you are cutting. 
If cleaning up an edge, you can attach a shield to the left side of the guard to support the guard at the material height. Use a spring clamp or something lightweight.
Transparent if possible. This will block off the dust flying out on that type of cut and allow it to go up the dust chute.

Honestly though, I suspect your dust collection system is not performing like it should.
There should not be that much saw dust anywhere around any Shark Guard.
Wink
If you use a remote switch, check that it is working. Check for leaks. Empty bags etc. Open or close blast gates as needed. 
Finally with the saw off, feel how much suction is under the shark guard or at the hose inlet to the guard. 

Let us know what you find out if you find anything.

Lee
(09-28-2017, 03:40 PM)Stytooner Wrote: My email address can take large files if that doesn't work out. leesty   at  gulftel dot  com

(09-28-2017, 06:30 PM)Stytooner Wrote: Thanks, Jim.
This is a typical riving knife setup there. The guard is a little older, but has a 4" dust port.
One tip is to lower the riving knife until the rear of the guard is almost touching the material you are cutting. 
If cleaning up an edge, you can attach a shield to the left side of the guard to support the guard at the material height. Use a spring clamp or something lightweight.
Transparent if possible. This will block off the dust flying out on that type of cut and allow it to go up the dust chute.

Honestly though, I suspect your dust collection system is not performing like it should.
Wink
If you use a remote switch, check that it is working. Check for leaks. Empty bags etc. Open or close blast gates as needed. 
Finally with the saw off, feel how much suction is under the shark guard or at the hose inlet to the guard. 

Thanks! I'll work on it tomorrow. Time for Baseball
Big Grin
Jim
(09-28-2017, 06:30 PM)Stytooner Wrote: Thanks, Jim.

Wink

1st grade stuff. My bags were full and the splitter can as well. I was so absorbed in the riving knife, etc. I ignored the obvious. The dust around the planner and jointer should have been a tip off. Sometimes I don't see the forest for the trees.
Jim
I expect you will see much better results now.
Wink
Lee