Sargent plane yoke source
Incidentally, if you're looking to make a user, rather than a restoration, you might ask, in contacting parts sellers, whether another maker's yoke will fit.  The basic geometry is the same for all the Bailey-type planes.
(09-30-2017, 08:28 AM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: Incidentally, if you're looking to make a user, rather than a restoration, you might ask, in contacting parts sellers, whether another maker's yoke will fit.  The basic geometry is the same for all the Bailey-type planes.

Biggest difference will be in the size of the pin....and the holes it will be going into.  DAMHIKT
Rolleyes
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
I had this problem once before on my Sargent jointer. Fortunately for me, one of the other guys here was able to send me a replacement yoke from a donor plane, and another of the guys installed it for me.

If you can't find the yoke specifically, you may be able to find a Sargent plane of the same model to use as a donor plane--or perhaps a whole frog assembly. It would save you the trouble of trying to replace the yoke itself, which is a delicate operation. Both the yoke and the frog are cast, so if you're not very careful, you can end up breaking one or both pieces.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
(10-03-2017, 04:58 PM)Bibliophile 13 Wrote: I had this problem once before on my Sargent jointer.  Fortunately for me, one of the other guys here was able to send me a replacement yoke from a donor plane, and another of the guys installed it for me.  

If you can't find the yoke specifically, you may be able to find a Sargent plane of the same model to use as a donor plane--or perhaps a whole frog assembly.  It would save you the trouble of trying to replace the yoke itself, which is a delicate operation.  Both the yoke and the frog are cast, so if you're not very careful, you can end up breaking one or both pieces.

I got it sorted out with a yoke from a really junky plane from the flea market. Thanks everybody for the ideas and help.
ken