cordless chainsaw
Dewalt has a FlexVolt cordless chainsaw that gets good reviews. Not sure how it compares to the Makita, but more people have written reviews on the Dewalt than the Makita on Amazon if that is any indication.
I was using a Mekita briefly a couple of years back. I liked it a lot, but take the recommendation with a grain of salt since I only used it for a few hours.
I ended up getting the 36 v makita with a 12 inch bar. Like someone mentioned I could use the reciprocating saw with a pruning blade. I have and I agree it works great. I needed  a bit more.  So I bought the chainsaw. It quietly slices thru 4 inch branches, more info when I have more experience
My experience with 4 different battery chainsaws, sorry no model numbers, but one was a Makita is they make for a fine wood massager. I would buy a good quality hand saw made for tree work, and go out to eat on any $$$$$ difference. Silky and Corona both make a good serviceable product.

Silky

Corona. I have this saw, and it kicks buttocks
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(10-08-2017, 09:52 AM)JoshuaW Wrote: I was using a Mekita briefly a couple of years back.I liked it a lot, but take the recommendation with a grain of salt since I only used it for a few hours.

I don't mind, it's taken seriously
Smile
Have a look at this for which saw is best:

https://youtu.be/_aBZt8m1XkQ

There’s also a part 2 with other brands.
I've been very pleased with my Ryobi, mostly because I use other 40v Ryobi tools...Very surprised it didn't test out as well as some of the others...
(10-07-2017, 12:48 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Jeepers. How long would a battery last in a chainsaw?

I've got the Oregon cordless pole saw that I use for pruning branches on rows of walnut trees. Branches are 3" diameter and smaller for the most part. I've found I can trim for close to an hour on one charge of the battery, and my shoulders aren't good for more than that time. But, then, I'm 80 years old and the cutting is overhead.
(03-11-2022, 08:15 PM)thewalnutguy Wrote: I've got the Oregon cordless pole saw that I use for pruning branches on rows of walnut trees. Branches are 3" diameter and smaller for the most part. I've found I can trim for close to an hour on one charge of the battery, and my shoulders aren't good for more than that time. But, then, I'm 80 years old and the cutting is overhead.

Gotta hand it to you!  I'm 62 and after an hour of overhead cutting with my cordless Ryobi pole saw, I've had enough.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?