Primo Planes for Sale !
Friends- I have returned here because some bad luck in health matters is limiting my guitar building and tool use; both hand tool and power. So, I am beginning to offer some fine tools for sale. More of similar quality will follow the three I list here. Our venerated friend and philosopher Cian will be hosting my pictures to follow. First, I have a 608C flat side Bedrock. Complete except for the blade, but will be sold with the new style Veritas 0-1 iron and capiron. Sole is very flat- no light shows below that straightedge. While it is dark, it does retain about 15% japanning. Mouth is solid with no chips. There is a tight crack on the knob--tote is solid with a few marks on the toe.$190 plus shipping to lower 48 only. Prefer a check if we remember each other or a long time member vouches for you or a USPS money order.

Next we have the finest rebirth of the above plane. This is a new Lie-Nielsen 608C (corrugated) with the no longer available Indian Rosewood knob and tote. As you can see, it is in original box, the vapor plastic is there and packing paper. I toss in an L-N protective sock. $415 plus shipping and payment as above.

Finally. I offer a true early Lie-Nielsen rarity. This is Tom's first version of the #9 box miter plane. They were only offered for a few months and relatively few were shipped. No guarantee, but it is likely that T L-N made this himself. It has the trigger for blade advance and retraction. Infill and knob appear to be maple with stain and oil finish. The original blade and fasteners come with it. L-N made a new blade for me. The patina is "as found in the wild." I bought this a few years ago from a master plow plane builder. I paid $450 plus shipping then and I will include the new iron at the same price . Again, shipping as first stated along with same payment preferences.

I would prefer to see my precious and fine quality tools go to people like you folks than to some yahoo who doesn't really know "jack" about how special these tools are. Pictures are best I could do with a phone. I am in the midst of a difficult residence move and my Nikon is in storage.
[Image: No608c_22207408.jpg]
[Image: No608c_22236508.jpg]
[Image: No608c_22237195.jpg]
[Image: No608c_22237352.jpg]
[Image: NoLN8C_22207263.jpg]
[Image: NoLN8C_22207349.jpg]
[Image: NoLN8C_22278564.jpg]
[Image: No9_22207522.jpg]
[Image: No9_22207523.jpg]
[Image: No9_22214982.jpg]
[Image: No9_22264768.jpg]
[Image: No9_22207264.jpg]
I'll take the Lie Nielsen #9.
I tried to PM you but yours is turned off.
jpop- I will consider the #9 sold. I tried to change setting for PM but had no luck. My email is no secret- jetobeyatmsn.com- we can conclude details via that. Looking forward to hearing from you. I am in the process of moving and will be somewhat out of touch today, but I will try to check my regular email. I have not added this forum to my phone, though it is much smarter than I.
I tried to send you a message to your email but it is invalid. My email is jackchrissy@hotmail.com.
(10-06-2017, 09:23 PM)Mtobey Wrote: Friends- I have returned here because some bad luck in health matters is limiting my guitar building and tool use; both hand tool and power. So, I am beginning to offer some fine tools for sale. More of similar quality will follow the three I list here. Our venerated friend and philosopher Cian will be hosting my pictures to follow. First, I have a 608C flat side Bedrock. Complete except for the blade, but will be sold with the new style Veritas 0-1 iron and capiron. Sole is very flat- no light shows below that straightedge. While it is dark, it does retain about 15% japanning. Mouth is solid with no chips. There is a tight crack on the knob--tote is solid with a few marks on the toe.$190 plus shipping to lower 48 only. Prefer a check if we remember each other or a long time member vouches for you or a USPS money order.

Next we have the finest rebirth of the above plane. This is a new Lie-Nielsen 608C (corrugated) with the no longer available Indian Rosewood knob and tote. As you can see, it is in original box, the vapor plastic is there and packing paper. I toss in an L-N protective sock. $415 plus shipping and payment as above.

Finally. I offer a true early Lie-Nielsen rarity. This is Tom's first version of the #9 box miter plane. They were only offered for a few months and relatively few were shipped. No guarantee, but it is likely that T L-N made this himself. It has the trigger for blade advance and retraction. Infill and knob appear to be maple with stain and oil finish. The original blade and fasteners come with it. L-N made a new blade for me. The patina is "as found in the wild." I bought this a few years ago from a master plow plane builder. I paid $450 plus shipping then and I will include the new iron at the same price . Again, shipping as first stated along with same payment preferences.

I would prefer to see my precious and fine quality tools go to people like you folks than to some yahoo who doesn't really know "jack" about how special these tools are. Pictures are best I could do with a phone. I am in the midst of a difficult residence move and my Nikon is in storage.

Yikes--it's a ghost!  Sorry to hear about the reason that brings you to selling some of your tools.  Good luck, and
welcome back.
Tony
Mike, good to hear from you here, sorry about your issues, I'm thinking of you.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Mike,

The change over to the new software turned off private messages by default.

To turn them on, you can click on the "UserCP" link in the upper left just below the "Welcome Back"

On your Control Panel page, in the left column under "Your Profile," click on "Edit Options"

In the middle of the page under "Messaging and Notifications," click the check mark for "Receive private messages from other users."

Then click on "Update Options" near the bottom of the page.

If you do not click on the "Update Options" the changes do not stick.

I am sorry to hear that you are having health issues while dealing with a move. That is 2 rough things at the same time. My sincere best wishes that things improve for you soon.

Ivan
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.