Belated Birthday Gift

A month after entering my third decade, I bought myself some gifts. The Veritas deluxe honing guide with the regular clamp head and the narrow along with the straight and camber rollers. I previously had the MK2 guide 
and liked it, but with the narrow clamp guide, I really like it. A much easier setup for sharpening chisels. I paired the guide with an Ultra Sharp diamond combo stone. I flattened, re-beveled and honed a vintage Buck Brothers chisel last night after the mailman dropped off my new toys. Initial impressions of the stone are quite nice. I've used DMT stones before but I prefer this stone to them. I went from the coarse side to the fine side and stropped with 1 micron diamond paste. So far, I'm happy with the purchase.

Re: Belated Birthday Gift by Youngbuck (A month after enteri...)
You got yourself a nice birthday gift.  I really like the narrow chisel holder,  a 1/8 chisel is pretty hard to hold with any other holder.
Well, the proof is in the pudding as they say...

So you joined the forum at 10 years old? Or are you talking about completing your third decade?
"Consider it tuition; every mistake you make, if you're paying attention, improves your skills, and allows you to make ever more sophisticated mistakes. "
Bill Houghton
  Re: RE: Belated Birthday Gift by Alan S (So you joined the fo...)
(10-10-2017, 08:48 PM)Alan S Wrote: So you joined the forum at 10 years old?  Or are you talking about completing your third decade?

Joined at 20, now I hit 30 years old. I wouldn't mind staying at 30 for the rest of my life  Laugh
  Re: RE: Belated Birthday Gift by Youngbuck ([quote='Alan S' pid=...)
(10-10-2017, 09:17 PM)Youngbuck Wrote: Joined at 20, now I hit 30 years old. I wouldn't mind staying at 30 for the rest of my life  Laugh

I do remember a friend celebrating what he called his "third annual thirtieth birthday party."
"Consider it tuition; every mistake you make, if you're paying attention, improves your skills, and allows you to make ever more sophisticated mistakes. "
Bill Houghton
Happy Birthday

Mine is Oct 18 what date is yours?
It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

Hi, I'm Arlin's proud wife! His brain trma & meds-give memory probs and has pain from injuries, but all is well materially & financially.