Stanley No. 4c, Type 16...
Yes 

Was only $12.87...counting sales tax...
Cool 

Groovy
Cool 

Took about little over an hour to get cleaned up, though
Rolleyes  

To where it could make a few shavings...

Sooo, think I should keep it around?
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Oooooo...nice shavings. Good job on the rehab.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Looks good, it's clearly a keeper for the till. It is, however, a Type 19 (up and down, and not a sideways, "Stanley" on the lateral lever).
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
No glitz and fame there, but looks like a nice user.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

"Sooo, think I should keep it around? [Image: yellowsmilewinkgrin.gif]"

Do you need it? How many more do you have? $35 per hour labor there, Bandit! Don't spend it all in one place.

I have two 4's. Enough. Don't care for grooved soles--especially on a smoother--so throw out the C's. Definitely, types are meaningless to me. 

OTH, I have several blades for my LV LAS. Should I own 1,2,3, ... 4 bodies? I'm trying to get another 3 pounds into what I have.
Not the jack your thread, but I had a Stanley No. 40 follow me home today. It has great Japanning yet the handles will need some TLC. It had a sticker price of $49.99 with a 20% discount so out the door was like $39.00 I've been wanting one for a few years yet the prices I've had to endure has not appealed to me. It was in a booth at a flea market and the booth owner had a bunch of planes. Everything was 20% off yet I had to choose between a Stanley Bedrock #7c, a No. 112 scraper, a No. 113 compass plane, or a Stanley No. 5 1/2. Decisions, decisions, decisions. I chose the cheapest option, of course.
(10-08-2017, 05:06 PM)hbmcc Wrote: "Sooo, think I should keep it around? [Image: yellowsmilewinkgrin.gif]"

Do you need it? How many more do you have? $35 per hour labor there, Bandit! Don't spend it all in one place.

I have two 4's. Enough. Don't care for grooved soles--especially on a smoother--so throw out the C's. Definitely, types are meaningless to me. 

OTH, I have several blades for my LV LAS. Should I own 1,2,3, ... 4 bodies? I'm trying to get another 3 pounds into what I have.

I currently have three Stanley No.4 planes.....A Made in England #4c,  A type 9 smooth sole, and this ( hyperkitten confirmed) #4c, type 16

Grooved soles?   I have a #7c....a #6c a #5c  and now a pair of #4c planes.   I really can't tell any difference between the grooved and smooth soled planes. 
$35/hour?   And just who is going to pay me?  I am not on any "timeclock"....happens when one is Retired.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Doesn't $35 feel better?

I don't bother looking for rust anymore. The fleas are pushing other stuff, or they shop Eek!!!Bay high ends to price literally junk. We need to have our own garage sale, so stay away from that sport.
I am rapidly reaching the point where " Do I have room for it?" plays a major role in the buy / don't buy game.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

(10-08-2017, 06:00 PM)bandit571 Wrote: I currently have three Stanley No.4 planes.....A Made in England #4c,  A type 9 smooth sole, and this ( hyperkitten confirmed) #4c, type 16

Again, Type 19, which is a worthy plane.

http://www.hyperkitten.com/tools/stanley...ypes 16-19
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis