California Air Compressor 10020C
This air compressor was reviewed in the latest edition of FWW magazine and was given high marks. Anyone have one and would like to comment? Is this something that would handle sandblasting and spray painting?

Thanks,

Doug

CAT - 10020C
It would never work for sand blasting. For painting- what sprayer and how much would you paint and how long do you have to wait for it to recover?
On both accounts, I would go much bigger.
Mine is twice the cfm with a 60 gallon tank/ 7.5 hp and barely keeps up with a small sand blasting cabinet at 110 psi, (smaller tip) but works fine non-stop with spraying automotive type painting @ 45 psi.
(10-10-2017, 04:24 PM)daddo Wrote: It would never work for sand blasting. For painting- what sprayer and how much would you paint and how long do you have to wait for it to recover?  
On both accounts, I would go much bigger.
Mine is twice the cfm with a 60 gallon tank/ 7.5 hp and barely keeps up with a small sand blasting cabinet at 110 psi, (smaller tip) but works fine non-stop with spraying automotive type painting @ 45 psi.

Thanks for the response. In answer to your question I do not want to wait for it to "recover" - want to paint whatever I'm painting continuously to get a smooth, even outcome. I'll keep looking.

Doug
I agree with daddo, look at all the air tools you might use and note the air consumption of each (SCFM) and that is the minimum volume of air your compressor will need to supply.

When spraying lacquer, you need to keep a wet edge, and waiting for the compressor to catch up will not allow you to do that.

Mike