Who is using a wedgie sled for cutting segments? - sled design question
(10-12-2017, 06:52 AM)Dusty Workshop Wrote: Good morning

While reading avou the wedgie sled and looking at plans I ran across this design in the picture.
I read several comments on the original sled whereas folks said that they wished they had made the fixed pin location wider to accommodate bigger segments.  The T track design would eliminate this problem.
Other than the fact that the slot  in the fences would have to become exactly perpendicular to both fences, can anyone see any drawbacks in this design?
I would like get feedback from folks using wedgie sleds before I jump in and build mine.

Thanks
A grief shared is half-grief. A joy shared is twice joy.
I think it is easier to do away with the t-track and fences completely.  Simply mount the wedgie on the sled by clamp, set by digital angle finder, drill 2 holes, counter sunk t-nuts & two bolts  up from the bottom, through the wedgie, through nuts to hold wedgie down.  Do this with each wedgie.  Before cutting, double check the wedgie for accuracy.  No flipping, no screw ups.
A grief shared is half-grief. A joy shared is twice joy.