Workbench Build

I recently completed my workbench build.  I'm curious what y'all recommend in terms of some kind of finish?

I'd kinda like to keep glue drips and general dirt off it if possible.

Thansk
"Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger" ~ Sir Bedevere
Nice bench.

I have used different oil type finishes.  I want something that soaks in before it dries.  I like BLO, Waterlox, and/or a diluted combination of the two.  When my bench was new I added a past wax a couple of times but that seemed to make the top too slick. 

I'm sure more seasoned and knowledgeable guys will pitch in and give a better answer.

Good luck.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
very nice bench.
Agreed, very nicely done.
You should be proud, that is a FINE bench!

I would use Waterlox Original. That is what I have used on my
benches for many years.
Joseph Connors

The new Golden Rule .....
Those with the Gold make the rules!
I would put that bench on display in a safe place and knock one together with 2x4's to use. Probably to make other benches that nice.

R.
(10-13-2017, 09:15 AM)robert146 Wrote: I would put that bench on display in a safe place and knock one together with 2x4's to use.  Probably to make other benches that nice.

R.
+1

That bench is stunning.  Did you use the crisscross on the leg vise?  

Steve
Yes - I used the criss cross

Attached Files Image(s)

(10-13-2017, 10:49 AM)Large Wooden Badger Wrote: Yes - I used the criss cross

very nice! Looks like you and I had the same summer. I just completed one almost identical (I used african mahogany where you used walnut and my end vice dovetails aren't that fancy).  I won't post pix so as to hijack your thread. 

I used BLO on mine.
post away - I'd love to see it.