Lone Ranger III remote power box has passed away
If you are not in a rush, you might wait just a bit, those items are very often much cheaper on Black Friday from vendors like Amazoo, and Rockler/WoodCraft. They aren't so much a BORG item, to bad, I can see bins of them going like hot cakes............
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I use the old school one with blast gates that have a switch on them. Open the gate and the DC comes on. Since I use the table saw the most I keep the gate open and I added an extra light switch on my table saw so I can manually turn on the DC. I could move the gate closer to the table saw but it would probably mean more bending to open and close it.
(10-16-2017, 09:38 AM)JSpill Wrote: My Lone Ranger III remote control power box is dead. It turned my shop vac on and off efficiently for 15 years. Now it's time for a new sheriff to take over the job. I'm just wondering what device people here have recruited to perform this task. It's only duty will be to start and stop a 6 gallon shop vac. Thanks.

I've been using X10 units for years with very good results. My 3HP Oneida is on a 220 volt X10 module, have 15 amp appliance modules for other tasks such as controlling vacuum cleaners and lighting modules for lights. I've got both wired and wireless control units throughout the shop, I think 7 or 8, located near various stationary tools including a "keychain" transmitter mounted to the top surface of the tablesaw fence.  Dreaming of someday having remote controls for the 20 or so blast gates, but at my age that's probably never going to happen.
https://ivacswitch.com/

best there is.  buy it and don't look back.
there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.