Wood plane identification.
Hello:

I have a couple of dozen or so wooden planes-dados, moving filletsters, H & Rs, beading, nosing etc.,- sitting in a bucket in my shop, all in decent or better shape and with blades and wedges. Many have makers' stamps, some don't, and I'd like to find out what I have so that I can put them up on S & S. I need to find a source that can help me identify them and, as a bonus. maybe help me come up with some sense of their value.  I won't use them (makes me wonder why I bought them or who left them on my doorstep) and I'm not looking to make a bundle, I just want to see them go to a good home.

I know I've seen references to what I"m looking for but, so far, I'm striking out in the archives. 

Recommendations?

Thanks
Tony
Problem is who made them, if the iron and wedge are original, and if they are usable, hard to say
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I know there are reference books for US and UK plane makers but I get most of my info from Mr Google. Just look at the heel and google the maker. User stamps are crude and maker stamps generally look better.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
There's this- it does not provide prices/values but does rate makers on rarity.   

https://www.amazon.com/Guide-Makers-Amer...1931626006

I got the book used some years ago.
I found one in my pile o planes that was rated pretty rare.  I looked on ebay for a while, never did see one by the same maker.
So what is it worth?  
Winkgrin
Rolleyes   Gee, I don't know.  Probably more than $6.50.  

I'd check ebay sold items for ones you can easily identify by stamp on the body.  

or if you have one of the old catalogs from Donnelly, that might be a rough/ very approximate guide.