'We' project
This little project came about after watching my wife spend hours making the counted cross stitch image. I thought I would make a frame to match her efforts. Not sure I succeeded but here is the result. The wood is red oak with bloodwood inlay. This was my first attempt at making a cove cut on the tablesaw. Using a jig from FWW and a video from The Wood Whisperer made it a straight forward process. Tricky part was the creative clamping to hold everything in place as I made the cut.

The completed project was raffled off at our local Arts & Craft festival this past weekend. We are holding off delivering it as it will be one of the 'show 'n tell' project at our monthly Woodworkers Guild meeting this week.

Thanks for looking.

Bill

Attached Files Image(s)

Regardless if a person likes what is being presented, a frame is meant to surround, and offer support of the piece within it. That said you nailed the colors involved with very good complimentary tones, and the bloodwood picks up the red stitching. The detail is pleasing, and the joinery appears tight and consistent. Nice job.

Tell LOYL I said nice job too.
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
It was Kind of you to make that for your wife :-).  Nice job.  I like it.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
Very well done...wood and fabric.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Your wife did a stupendous job for sure and your effort added a nice touch to it as well.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.