Chest of drawers
Oak case with a NE spalted maple top.  I carried the profile of the NE into the drawers using a bent lamination.  No handles since I wanted a clean look on the front.  You can see in the one pic, I routed a finger pull area on the ends.  Both ends and the back is frame and flat panels.

All comments welcomed.

Wow. Very nice, very different.
Ag

What is the finish?
Cowabunga! Awesome concept and elegant execution. I admire your vision and skills.

What is NE spalted maple?

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Very Nice indeed.  I think NE is for Natural Edge... I had to think about it too... 
Smile
Great use of the slab, and a nice concept.

Winkgrin
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
I sure like that, terrific job!
[quote pid='7541837' dateline='1508806585']
Cowabunga! Awesome concept and elegant execution. I admire your vision and skills.

[/quote]

What he said!!!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(10-23-2017, 07:56 PM)AgGEM Wrote: Wow. Very nice, very different.
Ag

What is the finish?

Thank you all for the kind words.  Most of my pieces are "different".  I guess it is because I am different!!

The finish is General Finishes Satin Enduro, not Enduro-Var.  Enduro is crystal clear and made for spraying.  I absolutely LOVE it.  I actually sprayed about 10 gallons of it for a library project I did.  I had a piece left over and thought I would test it a little so I poured denatured alcohol on it and water.  Let both evaporate and nothing.  I then put a glass of ice water on it and left it for a couple of days.  There was the very slightest discoloration.  So slight that if you didn't know where it was and if you didn't look at it in glare light you would not see it.  I was impressed.
Very nice.  I don't always like the live edge look, but I like that. one.  Are you worried about the plywood pulling apart at the edge where the pulls are?

I would personally like drawer pulls, but that's just my style.  They would have to be something unique though, maybe iron pulls bent to the drawer front contour?  Still looks great either way.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
I'm loving it. Very, very, well done!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(10-23-2017, 11:11 PM)lincmercguy Wrote: Very nice.  I don't always like the live edge look, but I like that. one.  Are you worried about the plywood pulling apart at the edge where the pulls are?

I would personally like drawer pulls, but that's just my style.  They would have to be something unique though, maybe iron pulls bent to the drawer front contour?  Still looks great either way.

Thanks. 
No, I am not worried about the bent lamination pulling apart where you pull.  That was a concern of mine if I would have put the pulls into the drawer front but I routed the finger pull area in the posts not into the drawer fronts so you are pulling on the back ply.  In regards to the stress on the joint between drawer side and the front, I made sliding dovetails and went the route of jteneyck and used epoxy to bond everything together.  Getting those dovetails and the corresponding tails cut to fit was one of the big challenges of this piece!!

I had originally thought of a bent handle.  I actually form one more drawer front to us as handles but after fitting all the drawers in place, I just like the clean look of no handles.  I can see how iron pulls would have been attractive but I am not sure I would have liked the overall look, they may have turned out to be a distraction.