jteneyck Horizontal Router Morticer
I bought this tool over a year ago and finally gave it a spin his week.  Very good results.  I cut 16 deep mortices 1/2-inch wide in probably 30 minutes.  

Nice tool, great results.

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm working on a table base, has 8 curved legs with angles on each end.  It was a nightmare to get everything lined up level and square.  I've got the joinery done, now shaping the pieces.
Thanks Danny.  I'm happy the machine worked well for you.  Now, why do you have the guard upside down?  I assume that was done just to make the photo clear. 

I like the shape of that table base.  Look forward to seeing more as it progresses.  

John
(10-24-2017, 09:43 PM)Danny in Houston Wrote: I'm working on a table base, has 8 curved legs with angles on each end.  It was a nightmare to get everything lined up level and square.  I've got the joinery done, now shaping the pieces.

Great looking leg structure. Looking forward to more pictures of that.
Ag
(10-25-2017, 04:55 AM)AgGEM Wrote: Great looking leg structure. Looking forward to more pictures of that.
Ag

Wow! Looks awesome. Great job. Going to be an heirloom for sure!

John is a great guy too!

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Danny, that looks like a straight bit you have installed.  If so, you'll find a spiral upcut bit cuts more easily and gives better results.  For really deep mortises you can use center cutting end mills.  1/2" diameter ones are available up to at least 6" OAL and 3" cutting length.  That's a little extreme, but they exist, and there are lots of choices in the 4" OAL which will get you around 2-1/2" depth; HSS steel ones of that size are less than $30 and last a surprisingly long time.    

John
(10-25-2017, 04:27 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Danny, that looks like a straight bit you have installed.  If so, you'll find a spiral upcut bit cuts more easily and gives better results.  For really deep mortises you can use center cutting end mills.  1/2" diameter ones are available up to at least 6" OAL and 3" cutting length.  That's a little extreme, but they exist, and there are lots of choices in the 4" OAL which will get you around 2-1/2" depth; HSS steel ones of that size are less than $30 and last a surprisingly long time.    

John

Thanks John.  I just stuck in a bit I had on hand.  I'll get a spiral bit for next time.
(10-24-2017, 09:43 PM)Danny in Houston Wrote: I'm working on a table base, has 8 curved legs with angles on each end.  It was a nightmare to get everything lined up level and square.  I've got the joinery done, now shaping the pieces.

Base looks
Cool
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020