Cardboard saw blade sleeves
(11-03-2017, 05:14 PM)daddo Wrote: All you need now is a robotic arm to select and install the blade of your preference.
Laugh

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5438]

nah, 7 1/4" up high, rarely change those. 10" above the drill press, great height and 12" down low, rarely change those either. dado and box joint sets next to 12" and in homemade box. all within easy reach. I put them in the slots, lowest tooth count on the left, highest on the right, easy to find the one I want. Oh 6" dado for the portable table saw (thanks to Steve F) on the shelf with the 10".
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
i have two 1/2" plywood sawblade carriers.   They are 14" wide and 20" high and have a hand  hold cut in the top.   They each are painted and have name, address and phone number printed on them.  Each has a 5/8" bolt attached to the center and each will hold a half dozen or so blades.   I use one for sharp and the other for needs sharpening.  When the blades on the need sharpening carrier get too many I take it to the sharpener.  When I get them back I alternate.

easy and clear.
WoodNET... the new safespace
Manila file jackets (flat, no expansion) work well to protect 10-inch diameter blades. Use one jacket for each blade. To protect the top of the blade, cut 1/4" off the right and left edges of a standard file folder and slip it down over the blade inside the jacket.

http://www.smead.com/Director.aspx?NodeI...item=75500

http://www.smead.com/Director.aspx?NodeId=156

The blades in the jackets can be stored in a portable plastic file box. These boxes come in various sizes (front-to-back).

Pendaflex Portable File Box
(10-25-2017, 03:40 AM)Herb G Wrote: If you have table saw, radial arm saw, or miter saw blades you want to protect, here's what I did.
I buy wall calendars at the Dollar Store every year. They always have a thin piece of cardboard inside them to keep them from bending.
I take that cardboard out, duct tape 3 sides on 2 pieces, and slide a blade inside it.
Instant blade protector sleeve. It helps keep the blades from chipping the teeth on the other ones.

I also write the type of blade, tooth count, & other info about the blade on the outside of the cardboard so I can pick out what I need easily.
I lay my blades flat in my tool chest drawer so they don't get warped or damaged.
The cardboard sleeves work well to prevent the blades from hitting each other.

If you don't have thin cardboard, you can always cut up a box to make one instead.
HTH.
I made saw scabbards to fit the saw out of 1/8" Baltic birch ply..I saw one at a MWTCA meet and copied it..
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

[Image: TSblades-M.jpg]I cut some underlayment scrap pieces and alternated blades and underlayment pieces in the drawer along with the wrench and holding stick. Did the same for the Dado set, and 12" RAS blades.