CA glue
What is the difference between CA glue and CA finishing glue. Working on some ornaments and a couple I want that finish that looks about quarter inch deep. Thought I'd try a CA finish. Tried in the past but couldn't tolerate the fumes. I think if I try it I'll open all the doors and windows and have a fan at my back.

Thanks
Never heard of CA finishing glue.I always have used Super T,the one with the yellow label,that I get from Lee Valley.Use it on my pens and all small items.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
(10-25-2017, 11:08 PM)gear jammer Wrote: What is the difference between CA glue and CA finishing glue. Working on some ornaments and a couple I want that finish that looks about quarter inch deep. Thought I'd try a CA finish. Tried in the past but couldn't tolerate the fumes. I think if I try it I'll open all the doors and windows and have a fan at my back.

Thanks

For my pens and shaving handles I use Mercury Flex CA, it is specifically forumulated as a finish and (as the name suggests) has a bit of flex to it. You also MUST use the accelerator for it in order to get a good finish. I put 4 coats thin and 4 coats medium with accel between each coat and then wet sand with MicroMesh pads from 1500-15,000 and then a quick hit of plastic polish. They look like glass and are very stable and strong. I get mine from the Pen Kit Mall (www.penkitmall.com) though there are a few other vendors out there. Make sure to get the Accelerator!!!
(10-26-2017, 08:52 AM)vernonator Wrote: For my pens and shaving handles I use Mercury Flex CA, it is specifically forumulated as a finish and (as the name suggests) has a bit of flex to it. You also MUST use the accelerator for it in order to get a good finish. I put 4 coats thin and 4 coats medium with accel between each coat and then wet sand with MicroMesh pads from 1500-15,000 and then a quick hit of plastic polish. They look like glass and are very stable and strong. I get mine from the Pen Kit Mall (www.penkitmall.com) though there are a few other vendors out there. Make sure to get the Accelerator!!!

Thanks for the info on the Mercury Flex,I will check it out.Some companies won't ship to Canada.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Thank you. I looked up Penkit mall and found the flex glue. I then looked at amazon for Mercury CA. $12 dollars cheaper and still from penkitmall. Ordered some. Thanks again