Small plan ID & help w/posting photos
Wink 
Click on the link above to see the small plane I picked up yesterday for $20. Have collected tools for 20+ years and never came across one like this bronze bodied, thick ironed (1/4"), low angled block. No markings anywhere including cutter.

ID help appreciated and possibly value.

Thanks in advance.

[Image: yellowsmile.gif]
https://photos.app.goo.gl/FlRrABf7gTJImDkr2
David from Cleveland, Ohio
Your link didn’t make it....

-- mos maiorum
Go to the help button at the top right hand corner of this page. Scroll down until you see a blue oval with the letters PHP inside of it. Just add some symbols to your link and your pic will appear, as long as you have used an imaging service like Imgur.
    Pic
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
It's not worth much; you can send it to me
Smile

Seriously, I also have a lack of knowledge about these Excelsior style planes.  I love how they look.  Would like to hear more about their origin.  I may have seen one somewhere back on the posts of Don Williams,  www.donsbarn.com .

Chris
Chris
(10-29-2017, 11:05 AM)Admiral Wrote: Pic

Thank you admiral.
David from Cleveland, Ohio
Nice plane. I would guess from somewhere in the UK and probably from 1850-1890. I have a few iron ones but they are normal angle bullnose. My guess for something this size is that it is a trim plane carried in an apron pocket by a trim carpenter.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com