Help with plane ID Please!
Hi All,

I found this bench plane that appears to be about #3 size but has an adjustable mouth like a block plane. There are no makers marks that I have found on it. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Tom.

[Image: 20171031_192818.jpg]

[Image: 20171031_192837.jpg]

[Image: 20171031_192845.jpg]

[Image: 20171031_192911.jpg]

[Image: 20171031_192921.jpg]
What a beauty! And a corrugated bottom to boot!!!

It looks old AND rare. Has a nice patina. Collector is written all over it.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Wow! That is definitely interesting to say the least, it looks like some kind of Stanley Liberty Bell clone, has that same look of the pressed steel body and the same lever cap design, but I don't remember any with an adjustable mouth. I will keep digging for you, but that is definitely very cool.
Thanks for your help Guy's. I think I found it! After exhausting both of my Patented American Planes books (Vol 1 and 3) and other collector references, I turned to a book called Plane Makers of Wilkes-Barre PA by John Rumpf and there it is on page 41! Listed as the First Siegley iron smooth plane type 1 circa 1892. He goes on to state that this plane was unmarked. Judging from the description in the book, it appears my plane is all original. He also calls out Rodger Smith's PTAMPIA Vol 2 for the photo credit so looks like I need to add a few books to the library!