Ipe Turning Blanks
Hi All,
Awhile ago I acquired a ton of nice Ipe spindle turning blanks. I have way more than I will ever need so I'd like to clear out some of my inventory. All blanks are 1.5"x1.5"x12". There is a lot of really nice grain and color variation in these. I figure the easiest way to sell these is by the box, as I've seen others do here. I can fit 24 blanks perfectly into a USPS Priority large flat-rate box. I am asking $50/box. I would be happy to provide some more pictures if requested. Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for looking!

PM sent
Thx
David
How well does ipe turn? Does it damage has turning tools, what about carbide insert tools.
Thanks
War Eagle!
PM sent for turning blanks.
(11-02-2017, 06:53 AM)WarEagle Todd Wrote: How well does ipe turn?  Does it damage has turning tools, what about carbide insert tools.
Thanks

It turns surprisingly well actually. It certainly is very hard wood, so be sure to keep the tools sharp. I typically use my carbide tools on this stuff just for simplicity.

Thanks,
Matt
(11-02-2017, 06:53 AM)WarEagle Todd Wrote: How well does ipe turn?  Does it damage has turning tools, what about carbide insert tools.
Thanks

Todd

Sharp tools is all, but the dust is really bad when I turned a bowl from it so make sure you have your DC on and a respirator on.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Very good point about the dust. It reminds me of turning bubinga.
https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthrea...t=Lapachol
Hi All,
I have quite a few boxes of these blanks still available. I wanted to bump them to the top here one more time before the whole lot goes on Ebay and local Craigslist.

Thanks,
Matt