Kidde fire extinguisher recall
(11-02-2017, 12:59 PM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: Saw this article and checked---I have one. Already went on line and filled out the form, they are shipping a replacement in a couple weeks.

Recall info

I had trouble using the site and called the 800 number on their web site. They were extremely helpful and recalled one that I couldn't find in the list. Oldest was 1973.  Newest 1979.
(11-15-2017, 05:25 PM)bob-t Wrote: I had trouble using the site and called the 800 number on their web site. They were extremely helpful and recalled one that I couldn't find in the list. Oldest was 1973.  Newest 1979.

Well, it’s been about two weeks and I’ve not seen chit from them.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Same here.....
VH07V  
(11-18-2017, 02:59 AM)EightFingers Wrote: Same here.....

My replacement for my white kitchen one arrived today. Im sure they will send each one from a different center at different times.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

(11-18-2017, 04:14 PM)packerguy® Wrote: My replacement for my white kitchen one arrived today. Im sure they will send each one from a different center at different times.

Got my white replacement today too, along with a pre-paid label to send the old one back via Fed-Ex.
Paul
(11-19-2017, 01:46 AM)pawolf Wrote: Got my white replacement today too, along with a pre-paid label to send the old one back via Fed-Ex.

Got the first of two replacements. Contents were new unit, new shipping label, and instructions for requesting pickup of return---1-800 number.

Reboxed the return(using the existing packaging materials---in the instructions), affixed the new label(over the old one--leaving the black and white diamond identifying label) and called the number.

Everything was simple to the call. Other end of the call was India and accent so strong I could not understand. And no attempt to remedy by transferring---took a full six minutes to stumble/bumble through the simple info process.

UPS at least uses folks who speak with less accent.