Miter Box for Framing... but all 90-degree cuts
I'm working to frame up LOML's souvenir poster, purchased during October break out Arizona-way.

I saw some smaller frames on Etsy, etc., of an Arts&Craft style.   Sort of like them, I decided to use up a 34-inch cherry plank that's been gathering dust.  The old Miter Box is working out well for some lap-joints:

Happy Woodworking!
Chris
What! You aren't going to put it behind glass!?

I have always been ambivalent about framing those types of landscapes. I grew up in Colorado and the parts cut away from a landscape never seemed to do the whole justice. The Grand Canyon was a vertical brain flip.
(11-03-2017, 11:58 AM)hbmcc Wrote: What! You aren't going to put it behind glass!?

I have always been ambivalent about framing those types of landscapes. I grew up in Colorado and the parts cut away from a landscape never seemed to do the whole justice. The Grand Canyon was a vertical brain flip.

Just catching up here....

From 2008, this was before I even had a good handplane, so you can see milling marks on the wood pieces.  But the resawn walnut-branch accents near the top were from found-wood in my neighborhood, and they're still hanging in the house:

From 2017, this simple cherry frame is done, and really slicked from the handplane.  Now hanging in my wife's office, to remind her of prettier places:

Happy woodworking,
Chris
Chris
I like that first framing job. Is that Jack-a-Juniper? I definitely can see how your imagination is inspired.
Nicely done.
Smile
(11-03-2017, 11:58 AM)hbmcc Wrote: I grew up in Colorado and the parts cut away from a landscape never seemed to do the whole justice. The Grand Canyon was a vertical brain flip.

That's a good description.  The Grand Canyon was a mind blowing experience for me and I was only around 13 or so when I first saw it.  I was a punk kid that wasn't impressed much by anything... until I saw the Grand Canyon.  O... M... G...