Diamond & Double Diamond - UPDATE
About a year ago, I made two posts with the first one showing a decorative cutting board that I called "A Diamond in the wood", and the second one I called "How about a Double Diamond?" The "wonderful Photobucket" has made changes and the photos are no longer shown. So, I have uploaded them here:

The reason I am re-posting them is that I have had several requests for information on how I made these.

So, I have prepared some PDF files on both that show how I created the patterns and then how I actually made them. If anyone would like to have copies of these, send me a Private Message with your email address and I wil send you a set (there is a total of 8 PDF files, 4 for each board.

BigD
There is a fine line between woodworking and insanity - sometimes I am not sure which side of the line I am on.
(11-06-2017, 05:38 PM)BigD Wrote: About a year ago, I made two posts with the first one showing a decorative cutting board that I called "A Diamond in the wood", and the second one I called "How about a Double Diamond?" The "wonderful Photobucket" has made changes and the photos are no longer shown. So, I have uploaded them here:

The reason I am re-posting them is that I have had several requests for information on how I made these.

So, I have prepared some PDF files on both that show how I created the patterns and then how I actually made them. If anyone would like to have copies of these, send me a Private Message with your email address and I wil send you a set (there is a total of 8 PDF files, 4 for each board.

BigD

The optical illusion is great! Thanks for re-posting the Pictures. Dan
Great job!

For your next project/challenge (One which I couldn't do), make one with the 3D illusion where you adjust your eyes to see the built in figures or movements.

[Image: Amazing+3d+optical+illusion+Wallpapers-7.gif]
Shocked 
(11-08-2017, 02:33 PM)daddo Wrote: Great job!

For your next project/challenge (One which I couldn't do), make one with the 3D illusion where you adjust your eyes to see the built in figures or movements.

[Image: Amazing+3d+optical+illusion+Wallpapers-7.gif]
I would not know where to start on something like that
Confused
There is a fine line between woodworking and insanity - sometimes I am not sure which side of the line I am on.
(11-08-2017, 03:54 PM)BigD Wrote: I would not know where to start on something like that
Confused

I would start with a different project. There's no telling if the illusion would really come through with wood, anyway.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
I think psychedelic mushrooms might be a valid start.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure