Calibrating Miter Gauge Woes?
You've gotten some good advice above.  But for me, I don't fuss all that much with minute accuracy of miters off the TS; just cut close enough and then use a shooting board, or my Lion miter trimmer, excellent tool, to fine tune. LV sells a knockoff, but the vintage ones can be had for $100 or so, sometimes less if its still "in the rough" and needs to be cleaned and sharpened.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.as...at=1,42884
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(11-09-2017, 08:21 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Neither of those videos address my question; I've already built that sled.

If you build either of them as directed, they most certainly do address your question, because either, properly built will give you a surface, the fence at a perfect right angle to the blade. Evidently your current miter does not. From that fence you can then address whatever angle you want to use to cut precise, and repeatable angles. All you need do is place an angle against the fence, or a movable angle on the sled platform. Google Dubby, Google angle. Google using a square fence to make an angled cut.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I don't use stops to set the length, but find once I have cut the right and left miter on one piece, since the sled has a zero clearance throat, it is pretty easy to line up the left miter on the second piece of the pair  ( I usually cut the right miter on all 4 pieces first, then cut them to length by cutting the left miter)   I then hold up the pair reversed and confirm they are exactly the right size, if not, a slight trim to the long one goes pretty quickly.
Ah, gotcha.

I didn't see how building another 90* sled would help cut 45* miters.
Semper fi,
Brad

Admiral gave good advice.
Update:

It appears that my 1000SE is cutting perfect 45* corners. My clamping ability wasn't working.

I received a Merle adjustable corner clamp today. I put the pieces in it, and with very little pressure, had perfectly closed 90* corners.

Game on!
Semper fi,
Brad

What was your previous clamping method?
(11-10-2017, 12:53 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Update:

It appears that my 1000SE is cutting perfect 45* corners.  My clamping ability wasn't working.

I received a Merle adjustable corner clamp today.  I put the pieces in it, and with very little pressure, had perfectly closed 90* corners.

Game on!

Here is a tip trim carpenters use every day to get tight miters.
If your angle should be 45° like in picture frames ,set the saw table to 45-1/2° and make your cut. Trim carpenters would do this using a miter saw. Both mitered cuts are cut to 45-1/2° .The result will be a perfect looking miter, try it.
This works with any outside miter , no matter what the angle. It would appear   the back of the miter should have a gap, in practice you cannot see it. 

mike
You should check to make sure your blade is parallel to the miter slot using a dial indicator (I use an A-Line-It made by Incra). You then can build a sled with a fixed 45 degree fence using a drafting triangle, as was suggested previously, to set the fence angle. You can also make the fence adjustable so you can use it for right angle cuts or 45 degrees.
(11-10-2017, 07:21 PM)tbr Wrote: (I use an A-Line-It made by Incra).

I wonder if In Line Industries will be shocked to know that
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW