Leather honing wheels for Tormek
Do any of you carvers use the shaped leather wheels on a tormek?  The LA-120 attachments.  They seem like the perfect tool for honing gouges, but I can't find a lot of reviews about them.  I feel like this could be your primary honing station, these shaped profiles can hone inside, and the flat leather wheel can hone the outside of the sweep.  Done.

I lucked in to a used tormek t7 the other day and am starting to explore all the possible uses.  Currently I use it to grind a fresh 25degree edge on my rehabbed irons and it's awesome for that.  Just scratching the surface... literally...
Wink
REF:  "these shaped profiles can hone inside, and the flat leather wheel can hone the outside of the sweep.  Done.  "

Absolutely ... the tormek leather profile and flat leather wheels are my go to for stropping my carving tools and chisels.   Go to the profile wheel and flat leather wheel sooner rather than later and you'll never need to take your carving tools back to your stones or the tormek grinding wheel unless you get a chipout in your gouge.  Do use honing compound with your leather wheels and replenish regularly when stropping.  I use Veritas blade honing compound   http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.as...2984&cat=1   It'll last me forever.  

Tom
Thank you. I appreciate the feedback.