More Carving Chisels...
I finally broke my New Years resolution and fell off the local Woodcraft wagon. Call it an early Christmas for myself; even if there are two other birthdays PLUS Christmas to worry about..... I had one of the easiest trips into the hottest housing market in the country, on the worst road in the country. Ten miles (maybe, eight, 6?) out of downtown, the traffic board said 55 minutes. I decided to slow down to 70 expecting the backup. .... That never happened.

Mike Davies convinced me. Easy as 1, 2, 12. Woodcraft had a Record Power Carving (training kit) of 12 substantial tools. English (Record) but 99-percent certainty of manufacture in Chiner'. 

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/recor...20ec000b2e

Yah, I can do more than detail Gramp's nose hairs with this set. Simone, (Simon') the resident guru helped me compare one to a similar "Swiss Made". He gave me that scornful look only French can display when I said I couldn't tell one from the other. We parted amicably however, I grabbed the last set in the store, and he grabbed the order code number from me, for more. Simone looked above lies, so his grumpy approval carried much weight.

The take away..... Man! Wood always was pricey at Woodcraft, but what I saw is stupid. So, I grabbed a honing block, some compound and skedaddled.