New on Saw Plate Tensioning :)
(11-11-2017, 06:02 PM)Admiral Wrote: +1

Cool
Cool
Cool  But not revolutionary. Kudos to the maker for being creative, designing something a little different. These things always meet with some skepticism. Best of luck to the maker.
BontzSawWorks.net
(11-11-2017, 11:56 PM)RonB1957 Wrote:       

Cool
Cool
Cool  But not revolutionary. Kudos to the maker for being creative, designing something a little different. These things always meet with some skepticism. Best of luck to the maker.

Not in my wheel house, but there are enough folks with enough money for this guy to sell some.  I bet most won't see wood. 

Shelf queen tools are shockingly common.  One can only guess what motivation exists for having unused tools, perhaps its because skills don't come in the box.
(11-11-2017, 11:56 PM)RonB1957 Wrote:       

Cool
Cool

His other stuff is pretty nice.  I just don't get the gizmosity.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(11-12-2017, 10:14 AM)Admiral Wrote: His other stuff is pretty nice.  I just don't get the gizmosity.

I agree.  An analog here would be the Knew Concepts fret and coping saws.  They do solve a problem (stiffness of the frame), and they are quite revolutionary in their design.  To my surprise, a Knew Concepts coping saw does cost about 8x a conventional coping saw frame.  So maybe the Mallard's pricing isn't that much out of line.  As for myself, I have no issues whatsoever cutting to the line without binding on any of the several backsaws I own - from a vintage Disston, to the Veritas composite backed saws, to Gramercy or Lie Nielsen.  Or even my Japanese dozuki's.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I got a lot of inspiration from his/her postings.  I won't likely buy the saws with their cost.  However it is great to see the artisan work, and super-great to see the married couple both involved in his business.  If high prices work out to both partners being happy, there's a lot to be said for that.
Chris
" super-great to see the married couple both involved in his business. If high prices work out to both partners being happy, there's a lot to be said for that. "
Absolutely +1
BontzSawWorks.net
(11-12-2017, 09:51 AM)Mike Brady Wrote: Not in my wheel house, but there are enough folks with enough money for this guy to sell some.  I bet most won't see wood. 

But then, how many of the old tools, saved and hugged and horded do see wood?

Shane Skelton makes unbelievable finished high end saws.
I bet he bill his fine craftsman hours for less than any plumber.

Cheers
Pedder