Recommend a Portable Table Saw Please
I downsized and moved to Florida - gave up an adequately-sized basement workshop and  Delta Unisaw - now working in one-half of a two-car garage. I have to get a table saw and want one that is portable - needs to fold up and stored out of the way when not in use, riving knife preferred, and dust-collection port is desired 

Does anyone have one such as my desired one and is willing to make a recommendation?

r2
I don't own one, but have eyeballed the new Bosch. It looks good.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I second looking at the Bosch.

I use an older model portable table saw from Rigid that I highly recommend if you can find one. Good motor, accurate fence, decent miter gauge.

Regretfully the newer model looks similar but they really cheapened it up. The fence and miter gauge look like toys.
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.
(11-15-2017, 07:30 AM)Terry W Wrote: I second looking at the Bosch.

I use an older model portable table saw from Rigid that I highly recommend if you can find one. Good motor, accurate fence, decent miter gauge.

Regretfully the newer model looks similar but they really cheapened it up. The fence and miter gauge look like toys.

I have the Rigid model,have had it for 12 years and love it.I haven't looked at the newer ones so can't attest to the quality.I love having the ability to fold it up and push against a wall.Mostly now gets used as a place to set turning items.I certainly agree on the Bosch,hard to beat their quality.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
SawStop jobsite.
I REALLY like the way my fingers feel when they're not laying on the floor.
I've had 2 kickbacks in 25 years and no other tablesaw accidents. As I age I get a little less sure of myself and I really like having the safety on the SawStop. It has a splitter and riving knife, not sure about dust collection on the jobsite saw. I have the professional and am happy with its dust collection.
The mentioned Saws are great recommendations, also consider a good Track Saw.  I been using my Festool TS75 a few months now for 3/4" thick sheet goods which are for my Kitchen cabinets.  I am really pleased with the results and it is really important to have a good blade too.

Regards!
Ed
(11-15-2017, 11:15 PM)fasteddie Wrote: The mentioned Saws are great recommendations, also consider a good Track Saw.  I been using my Festool TS75 a few months now for 3/4" thick sheet goods which are for my Kitchen cabinets.  I am really pleased with the results and it is really important to have a good blade too.

Regards!
Ed

Ed,

I have the Festoool track saw and , like you, I'm very well pleased with it. However, when you've been using a table saw for 65 years, you get accustomed to it, and frankly, I miss my table saw.

I appreciate all the other comments, and some include a saw that I didn't consider initially. I'll have to consider only a new saw as the Florida panhandle is sorely lacking in good used woodworking equipment.

r2
Don't overlook the Ridgid jobsite saw.  There are newer versions of the generation I own (I believe they now have elevating riving knives), but with all these saws, do a hard evaluation of the fence system and controls.  The Ridgid was surprisingly good, and (God forbid) if I couldnt have a cabinet tablesaw I could probably make do with the Ridgid jobsite saw (in addition to my EZ tracksaw) even for finer work.

[Image: Ridgid_TS2400LS.jpg]
I have a Grizzly cabinet saw in my shop and a Bosch gravity-rise in the garage for portable use. Both great saws. The Bosch has the digital tape measure and is accurate to 1/32" for setting the fence. Just slide the fence against the blade and set the digital to zero.
(11-16-2017, 05:02 PM)Cian Wrote: Don't overlook the Ridgid jobsite saw.  There are newer versions of the generation I own (I believe they now have elevating riving knives), but with all these saws, do a hard evaluation of the fence system and controls.  The Ridgid was surprisingly good, and (God forbid) if I couldnt have a cabinet tablesaw I could probably make do with the Ridgid jobsite saw (in addition to my EZ tracksaw) even for finer work.

[Image: Ridgid_TS2400LS.jpg]

Exact one I have had for the past 12 years.Love it but like I said,has ended up as a collection table for turnings.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member