bureaucratic monkey wrench part 3
(11-16-2017, 09:53 AM)Phil Thien Wrote: Play their game, but beat them at it:  Find an architect, get plans for a house he designed for someone else. Submit those plans. Get approval for shop ASAP. Build shop.

When architect is done with real plans, resubmit and tell them you guys decided you needed to change for some reason (I like wheelchair access as they can't fight you).

That is how I would get it done only get plans off of a public domain with same basic size and number of rooms to avoid paying an architect.  Is there some large fee for the plan review?
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(11-16-2017, 11:31 PM)Bob10 Wrote: That is how I would get it done only get plans off of a public domain with same basic size and number of rooms to avoid paying an architect.  Is there some large fee for the plan review?

I would not do that, I'd have the imprint of a locally known architect on my prints.

He is going to need to hire an architect anyhow, they will need plans produced from his wife's ideas.  Just get that architect to give you some drawings from another project he has done.

I suppose not all architects would be willing to do this.  What does it say that every architect I know, would?
(11-16-2017, 11:40 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: I would not do that, I'd have the imprint of a locally known architect on my prints.

He is going to need to hire an architect anyhow, they will need plans produced from his wife's ideas.  Just get that architect to give you some drawings from another project he has done.

I suppose not all architects would be willing to do this.  What does it say that every architect I know, would.

Out here everything has a copyright.  I could draw my own as drafting was an elective I took.  I have done drawings to get other permits  but an entire house may take more than a day or 2 and then he gets back into waiting some more
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(11-16-2017, 11:47 PM)Bob10 Wrote: Out here everything has a copyright.  I could draw my own as drafting was an elective I took.  I have done drawings to get other permits  but an entire house may take more than a day or 2 and then he gets back into waiting some more

No, just have the architect you're going to use roll another set of prints for a previously commissioned work, and submit those.

He can change the names and dates in the title block.

Submit those plans, then later submit your real plans with some song and dance ("we need improved wheelchair access" or "I spent all my money on the shop, we need to cut the budget" or whatever).
(11-17-2017, 12:01 AM)Phil Thien Wrote: No, just have the architect you're going to use roll another set of prints for a previously commissioned work, and submit those.

He can change the names and dates in the title block.

Submit those plans, then later submit your real plans with some song and dance ("we need improved wheelchair access" or "I spent all my money on the shop, we need to cut the budget" or whatever).

Easy swap out is physical condition so you bring plans of multiple floors and return with fewer

Phil Thien