Return of the reindeer
Getting ready for the season and thought these might be fun to do with my grandkids when they visit from out of town for a week. I have the templates (only) for the reindeer that have appeared here for several years. Are there any directions, stocks sizes, or helpful dialogue and tips that went with them? I feel like I'm missing something in the process. Any help appreciated.

Not sure if any of this is available from the archives because of the forum changes. What references I have are:

goaliedad says:  Re: Last Reindeer post till next Christmas.....I swear!! (Pic heavy)  [Re: skipwill]
     #5631610 - 10/09/11 07:32 PM

I tried a search for this with no results.

Also this photo and several others like it:

Attached Files Image(s)

I will play along. I have a PDFs of the template. I will try to post it- or pm me an email address and I will send it to you

Here is the template- mark the top and side of your wood. I found using a Forester bit for the curve of the horns and legs worked well.

Attached Files
.pdf   reindee pdf.pdf (Size: 452.35 KB / Downloads: 446)

Don't know how old your grand kids are but if using a bandsaw there is a lot of blade exposed when cutting the 4" direction.    I had the grandson just cut the 2" thickness.  I cut the 4" side on edge then taped it back together so he could cut the 2" thickness.  My grandson is very good about remembering safety instructions but the 4" exposed blade was just too much for comfort.    I forgot what size drum sanders I used but that was the fastest way to clean up.   Grandson got tired of the sanding part.   Rattle can of shellac to finish and a small red bow around the neck.
 He made 12 of them to give as presents.   Enjoy the shop time with the grand kids.   Roly
Below is the process I use:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i0DkylB...sp=sharing

Kevin
(11-17-2017, 07:15 AM)goaliedad Wrote: Here is the template- mark the top and side of your wood. I found using a Forester bit for the curve of the horns and legs worked well.

Thank you for reposting this template , can you clear up the dimensions writtem on them ? I assume there are 2 sizes , but do you start with a square block cut to length ? What size block ? Or blocks ? Thanks again , Gary
The templates are full size. The demensions are drill sizes for the drills I use to create the curves.

Yes, there are two different size templates. I

(11-17-2017, 12:10 PM)KKehoe Wrote: Below is the process I use:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i0DkylB...sp=sharing

Kevin

Nice post
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(11-17-2017, 07:15 AM)goaliedad Wrote: Here is the template- mark the top and side of your wood. I found using a Forester bit for the curve of the horns and legs worked well.

Awesome post
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Don't tell me we lost NTR's original thread?  And his great firewood reindeer?

Crazy